Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Venus Fly-Trap

Options
  • 16-09-2008 3:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can buy one, or seeds in Ireland? I want to get one as a present. Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

homebase , in Portlaoise.

i bought one there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Cool, thanks :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Believe it or not, i bought one in Homebase Portlaoise aswell. I've seen them in other homebases also.

I've saw them in Tescos Portlaoise on Tuesday.

SO, any Homebase or Tescos would be worth a try.

The one's in Tescos are in a plastic container, so stop people setting of the traps. Smaller but alot healthier looking. Mine has improved greatly since i got it almost 6 weeks ago.

Anyone any tips on keeping them. Whats the best for the winter. No more flies around for it to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kikel wrote: »
    Anyone any tips on keeping them. Whats the best for the winter. No more flies around for it to eat.
    I think you can actually feed them little bits of raw mince meat. Might want to check that out online, I was looking at getting them as "pets" for kids and think I read about feeding them meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Hope he found something to feed it, or I'm sure it would be dead by now:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Qwerty? wrote: »
    Hope he found something to feed it, or I'm sure it would be dead by now:D
    :) sorry missed the 08, don't even know how I found this thread....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

kikel wrote: »
    water them with rainwater rather than tapwater; i don't think you need to 'feed' them, as they go dormant in winter anyway.

Advertisement