Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my Dj business!?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 3:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

I am currently trying to set up a small Dj business.I have been Djing for a few years now and would like to go out on my own instead of making money for others.I am aiming at Weddings,21st parties etc.

Basically I need ideas in how to get this off the ground.From making it a completely legit source of income to the best ways to advertise and get business.

I have had business cards printed up and also sent letters to the main hotels in the area,hoping they would be booking for function etc,.I realise there are big competitors in the market but these operate mainly in Dublin,whereaa I am concentrating on soley the North East region(for now)!

I would greatly appreciate any advice from all ye budding and successful entrepreneurs!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭kellybelly

Thanks for that TheScientist,some very good tips there!

Yeah I'd love to get the website built.Any idea how much I'd be talking for a pretty basic one,like building it and maintenence?I know a friend of a friend whos into building sites,just looking for a ballpark figure to play around with.

WOM is everything in this market but I suppose thats something that will have to be built up over the next year or two.

And cold calling is something I'm planning on doing.As I said before I sent out letters to the hotels etc,so I will be following them up with phonecalls/meeting in person.Bars etc included.

Anyone know what legal procedures I would need to go through?I knows its different from playing in a band as they get some kind of exemption.Again any advice would be appreciated as I am at a complete loss when it comes to the legal/tax side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭kellybelly

Yeh I am meeting someone later on to talk about a website.

Sorry,by legality I mean like making sure it is a legal source of income.I know Djs dont declare every gig or anything but I want to make sure I keep the tax man off my back if you know what I mean.:o

Really what I need is someone to tell me what taxes I should register for etc,.I have been looking into registering it as a company or sole trader and getting the business name.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭B1977

this is a site you can try for getting a website done,good value

<snip>
    talk to Iain

• Advertisement
Advertisement