Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card Help

Options
  • 16-09-2008 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭

Ok i just got a credit card from Ulster bank during my orientation day for college..I went for the full shabang they were offering except the 650e overdraft thing they have(never want to go into debt).Before now iv always used wirecard and 3v as they were simple to use etc.Iv always wanted a credit card because if anyones has used the ones iv used,you will now its a bitch to use because it takes time to process etc.Me being my lazy self never got a credit card until now since it was so easy to get it during the orientation day and outside that it would be more effort to get one..Anyway my problem is that i dont fully understand the workings of proper credit cards.All i was wondering is could anyone fill me in on how fees work etc especially this ----# Then enjoy a standard rate of 17.9% APR (variable) on purchases
    # 22.9% APR (variable) on cash advances from the date your account is opened..Is their a way to avoid paying fees if you pay it back straight away or something...Any help would be much appreciated cheers...

The details for the credit card i got are http://www.ulsterbank.ie/ri_01a.asp?id=PERSONAL/CREDIT_CARDS/MASTERCARD_VISA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Fol20 wrote: »
    Ok i just got a credit card from Ulster bank during my orientation day for college..I went for the full shabang they were offering except the 650e overdraft thing they have(never want to go into debt).Before now iv always used wirecard and 3v as they were simple to use etc.Iv always wanted a credit card because if anyones has used the ones iv used,you will now its a bitch to use because it takes time to process etc.Me being my lazy self never got a credit card until now since it was so easy to get it during the orientation day and outside that it would be more effort to get one..Anyway my problem is that i dont fully understand the workings of proper credit cards.All i was wondering is could anyone fill me in on how fees work etc especially this ----# Then enjoy a standard rate of 17.9% APR (variable) on purchases
    # 22.9% APR (variable) on cash advances from the date your account is opened..Is their a way to avoid paying fees if you pay it back straight away or something...Any help would be much appreciated cheers...

The details for the credit card i got are http://www.ulsterbank.ie/ri_01a.asp?id=PERSONAL/CREDIT_CARDS/MASTERCARD_VISA

Maybe have a read over the details yourself?

usually there is something like a 56 day interest free.

basically if you pay your bill in full every month

you shouldn't have any charges

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

How do you mean by pay...Lets say you have 100e in your account...you then spend 100e online...will they charge you or is that interest free?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Don't bump. If people have answers, they'll post it. Plus it was only 3 hours since your last post..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Fol20 wrote: »
    How do you mean by pay...Lets say you have 100e in your account...you then spend 100e online...will they charge you or is that interest free?

Interest free.

You only pay interest when you go over the 56 day period from the purchase/cash withdrawl and are spending the credit card companys money, not your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

This thread from a week ago should give you enough info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

When getting a credit card I would advise to read all the t & c's before you use it and especially to see what the "small print" charges are e.g late fees, foreign currency.

Advertisement