Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

test routes in Finglas

Options
  • 16-09-2008 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all ,

Have my test coming up in RSA Finglas in month and a half.Any advice on the routes in Finglas.I havent been in Finglas in Yonks.Heard the Village can be a nightmare??? from a friend.Any advice,tips on the routes would be much appreciated:) was it hard if passed/failed?

cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Finglas was where I passed my test and it was a nice straightforward 20 min drive around compared to the hour long ordeal that was the Cork test. There's a 5 way junction in the village that's fairly okay, although you do get idiots blocking the junction every now and again (for example, you sometimes get idiots who will stop beyond the stop line coming from Jamestown road and you can't make a left turn coming off McKee avenue as a result). I don't think the testers bring you down McKee avenue though so that's probably okay.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I passed mine in the RSA Centre in Finglas.

We didnt go through the village, i know that but after that i havent got a clue where we went, it was mostly in Glasnevin i think.

I dont know that area at all and the actual test wasnt a route i had done with my tester.

Oh, i think i went past the willows pub

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lightroom

There are threes routes I know in Finglas:

1, come from Finglas/M50 roundabout on N2 pass the roundabout(where Lidl is) take second exit, keep to the left and go on to Mellowes Road, then take the third exit at the first mini roundabout, then immediately turn right and proceed through Casement Road to Barry Ave. do turnabout on Barry Avenue or reverse,can't remember where I got back from.

2,come from Finglas/M50 roundabout on N2 pass the roundabout(where Lidl is) take second exit, keep to the left and go on to Mellowes Road, then take the second exit at the first mini roundabout, and take right turn onto Barry Road then take immediate left turn onto Mellowes Ave. Proceed and turn onto Mellowes Road, turnabout will be on Mellowes Road within the residential area. Then turn right on the next first turn onto Cardiffbridge Road then immediately turn left onto Church St. Proceed to the first mini roundabout and take first exit onto Finglaswood Rd, keep going to the next mini roundabout and take third exit back onto Mellowes Road. Then the test will guide you back onto N2, now you know the way to get back to SGS.

3,come from Finglas/M50 roundabout on N2 pass the roundabout(where Lidl is) take second exit and straight on, you will be driving underneath the overhead bridge(Mellowes Road), turn right onto Wellmount Road,pass the first mini roundabout and turn left onto Dunsink Ave,then turn right immediately,keep going until you reach Dunsink Park. Turnabout and reverse will be performed here,either Dunsink Green or Dunsink Gardens.

In fact, the route I was tested on was the first one, the latter two got from friends don't know if they are 100% accurate, it all depends on the tester and traffic conditions, however, you can still use it as a guidance to practice.smile.gif

Best of luck with test!

ps: if you are not familiar with names of roads, check them on google map, that what i did for this post. smile.gif, Also, I took test with SGS Finglas, I heard there's another route which takes place in Finglas Village, don't know anything about it.:rolleyes:

Advertisement