Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardware Versand - havin a laugh?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

i was gonna buy a system from hwv, went nto the bank and paid 1086 in a bank transfer to themselves.

after about 5 days they said the money had not arrived so i emailed them and asked them to contact me the following day if they had still not received the money. about a week later they emailed me to say that they still had not received the money, actually quoting my last email asking them to contact me!!

so i asked them to cancel the order straight away. the order was cancelled the next day and this was confirmed the next day on their website.

last friday, i bought a top spec pc from an ebay dude in germany. i sent the bank transfer through my online banking this time and the money came out of my account straight away. the german dude contacted me yesterday to confirm the money had been received and my pc was shipped yesterday.

so i checked my online banking last night and found that hwv had taken the money from my account for the pc that says is cancelled on their website.

the money took 3 weeks to come out of my account whereas with the other transfer it happened immediatly.

i rang hwv there today and asked for someone who spoke english but they just kept shoutin german crap back at me. so i rang back hoping i would get someone else but it was the same chick, and when i asked her "sprechen englisch?" she just shouts nooo and hangs up on me.

are they havin a laugh?!

so i dont speak german, and these shower just took 1086€ from my account leaving me broke as a joke for an order that says cancelled on their website.

wat can i do? anyone here speak german?! i need somene to ring them tha can speak their language to ask them why they took the money.

cheers guys

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I don't understand. You said you transferred the money - so how could they have just taken it since it was already being transferred?

It takes 3 working days to transfer money via banking 365 to a Germany bank account and the money leaves your account instantly.

The delay seems to have been your bank here since they should take the money out of your account as soon as the bank transfer is processed in the branch.

I am in Germany with my german girlfriend atm and will help you if you want but am leaving in the morning for Ireland til the end of the week.

Just remember hwv didn't take the money - you transferred it but your bank delayed either transferring the money or deducting it from your account. From what I know it is much slower to make international transfers in the EU via the bank than online since more processing is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

yeh i see what your saying, the bank took 3 weeks for the money to be deducted from my account. but surely the money doesnt just dissapear into thin air? surely the money has to actually go to their account?

ill ring my bank now and see what they say.

thanks forthe help and the offer of further help m8.

Rob

copeyhagen wrote: »
    but surely the money doesnt just dissapear into thin air? surely the money has to actually go to their account?
    At this stage the money should be in their bank account.
    ill ring my bank now and see what they say.

thanks forthe help and the offer of further help m8.

Rob
    Yes, the bank should really be able to tell you when it was actually transferred and when it should (or should have been) in the other bank account.

got off the phone with my bank there, the chap said that there must have been an error in a digit somewhere and that was why it took 3 weeks for the mney to be debited from my account.

he said he will send a fax to the branch i made the transfer in now and they should be able to get the money back 2moro.

im still worried about this hwv crowd having my hard earned dollar..

im still worried about this hwv crowd having my hard earned dollar..
    They seem like a fairly legit company so I wouldn't worry too much especially if the bank can pull back the money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dont worry at all. Irs called a claw back, your money will be back shortly. One happened to me when i bought a car, 18k was meant to be taken from my account but someone ****ed up along the way and took 180k... Which i certainly didnt have. Money was back to me within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Did you enter the order number in the description of the bank transfer?

I lost a lot of time with HW as they couldn't find the order that I paid for.
    That was because I put in the wrong reference.

That said, it think they are to blame too as they didn't make clear enough which reference number they wanted.

Same problem with the help line, but I do speak a bit of German and even managed to add an extra item to my order.

I am pretty sure, it's just growing pains, but admittedly I will only feel ok when the stuff has arrived safe and sound...

thats cool, i wont be happy till the money is back though!! ;)

i dont think i will be ever dealin with hwv, theyre customer service is just too lacking.

i did include all the details afaik when i sent the first transfer.

got a pretty sweet machine from ebay for in and around the same price.

dont know if this link will work

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=180280974097

well the inevitable has happened, received an email from hwv saying "thank you, we have received your payment"

FOR A CANCELLED ORDER!!!!

im at my wits endd here now, i know theyre gonna ship that pc before i can find someone that speaks german.

please please please please someone that speaks german help me out, i emailed them but their customer service is a joke and i know theyre gonna ship it. please help i can pm you all the details

thanks

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

You've got two options to get the money transferred back:

1)
    copeyhagen wrote:
    the order was cancelled the next day and this was confirmed the next day on their website.
    Reply to their email which said they'd received the money, quoting the cancellation number/order number/whatever they show on their website to confirm that the order is cancelled, and ask them to refund the money immediately.
    2)
    copeyhagen wrote:
    he said he will send a fax to the branch i made the transfer in now and they should be able to get the money back 2moro.
    Get back on to this guy and see what the story is with him getting the money back for you - if he has already initiated this then you'll probably get the money back soon. Either way you need to find out if he has already been in touch with the German bank.

• Advertisement

i dont have the emila which they sent me to confirm the cancelled order, its stupid i know but i just thought that i wouldnt be dealing with them again.

i just checked their website and the order status has changed from "cancelled" to "prepayment received"

are they mental, how can an order go from cancelled to payment received without contact from the customer.

also i rang the bank this morning, the woman told me the fax was only sent yesterday evening, which i dont believe either.

also i cant seem to get through to them on the fone number,

it works grand from a landline but cant seem to ring it from my mobile?

why did i ever try buy anything from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭PaddyTheNth

i dont have the emila which they sent me to confirm the cancelled order, its stupid i know but i just thought that i wouldnt be dealing with them again.
    What email do you use? Webmail like hotmail/gmail?
    also i rang the bank this morning, the woman told me the fax was only sent yesterday evening, which i dont believe either.
    Ask them when you can expect to have the money back in your account.

Send hdvsd another email quoting your order number and saying that you have already confirmed cancellation with them and asking them again to refund the money.

If you don't have the money back when the bank say you should, chase up hdvsd some more. If you do have it, let hvsd do whatever they want...

Also, do you not have a landline or what's the problem there?

Also what axer said below!

If they send the laptop, at the worst case scenario, make sure you refuse to accept the delivery of it.

ok quick update, my email i used was my work email.

i found a guy in the company thats german and he rang them for me and they said that was grand and it was cancelled and they would send the details onto their accountants and email us confirmation.

so they email me in german:

wie telefonisch vereinbart hier die Bestätigung das die Information zur Überweisung Ihres Geldbetrages an unser Rechnungswesen weitergeleitet wurde.

which roughly translates (online translator used!) to

as by telephone agreed here the confirmation that was passed on the information about the transfer of your monetary amount to our accountancy.

which im guessing means its sorted!

thanks for the help guys, ill give an update when i know anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

"sprechen englisch?" she just shouts nooo and hangs up on me.

Rob

by the way, you didnt ask her to speak english. you told her "speak english". its a very polite and formal culture here.

try saying; "können sie englisch sprechen bitter" or "kann ich mit jemand englisch sprechen bitter"

should work a little better :)

by the way, you didnt ask her to speak english. you told her "speak english". its a very polite and formal culture here.

try saying; "können sie englisch sprechen bitter" or "kann ich mit jemand englisch sprechen bitter"

should work a little better :)
    bitter?

"Sprechen Sie Englisch?" is good enough to ask me thinks.

The germans don't seem to mind my bad german too much.

Advertisement