Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager 2009 Release Date?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭

Hey does anyone know if there has been any date listed for the relaese of CM 09?? I've tried looking around but cant find anything.

Also what are peoples opinions on Football Manager and do you have a preference to CM or FM and if so why?? I ask becuase I'm not sure which to buy and I've always stuck with CM but wodering have I made the right decision?

Or is this just another FIFA/PES no-where rant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

CM = pants

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Football Manager all the way im afraid.

If you played CM 97/98 up to about 03/04 I believe, then you will want FM.

The Reason?

Simple. When Sports Interactive and Eidos ended their association, the naming rights remained with Eidos. However, the game itself was sports interactives, and so "champo" lived on in the guise of football manager. So, the code and all its workings, along with the innovation we love, went with Sports Interactive whereas Eidos were left trying to create a similar product to what fans knew before.

In my book, FM is far superior to CM. Release date for FM 09 is Novemeber 14th (if you're interested)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

Ya I seen the release date for FM but cant find any for Cm. Read somewhere they're having some coding issue and the release date has been postponed. So does FM have the rights to the names or is it using stupid made up ones??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

i used to be addicted to these type of games,loved them. fm is the best, but think ive gone off them now, with age probably. its more or less the same game each year. just squads updated, but sure they change during the game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Ya I seen the release date for FM but cant find any for Cm. Read somewhere they're having some coding issue and the release date has been postponed. So does FM have the rights to the names or is it using stupid made up ones??
    It has the rights to everything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

could never understand anyone playing these games, glorified number crunchers is all they are

MooseJam wrote: »
    could never understand anyone playing these games, glorified number crunchers is all they are

You cut me deep man, you cut me real deep... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

*Yawn*
    Blowfish wrote: »
    It has the rights to everything.
    He could possibly mean that some of the league names and crests aren't licensed? e.g. Barclays Premier League (i think).

The fake German / Dutch squads freakin annoys me though. Always forget to 'fix' that when starting a new game :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

And you're like a glorified record player :pac: You have said this before.

Anyway, has there been any word on what new features are due in the new release of FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Its using the Virtua Striker match engine now.

• Advertisement

Anyway, has there been any word on what new features are due in the new release of FM?

Everything you need to know can be found here FM09 Preview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

yea sounded familiar all right, just wasn't sure whether I had said it or just thought it :)

Advertisement