Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista takes ages to open Media folder

• 16-09-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I have a folder with maybe 150 films in it, 30 odd or so in subfolders, clicking on the folder takes ages to open , I just timed it at 1 min 5 secs, to open a folder lol, and it's everytime, click off it then back and you have to wait another minute or two, bloody annoying, anyone have similar problems / fixes ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

It is taking so long because it is loading all the thumbnail images for the individual files. You should be able to turn this function off within folder options, or else select a different view for the folder that doesn't involve thumbnails and apply it to that type of folder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

I set use windows classic folders , also set always show icons never thumbnails, the files all appear as files not thumbnails but it still takes minutes to open, sux big time microsoft, two minutes to open a folder is not on ! anyway I created a new sub folder and copied and pasted everything in there - that folder opens instantaneously, if you copy it back it takes minutes again, then put in in the sub-folder it opens instantaneously- strange

If you right click on the folder that is causing the trouble and go to properties > Customise, what folder type is it set as?

Try setting it as movies only and apply>OK and see if that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Media library indexing or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

set it as pictures and videos and it's fixed it, strangely enough I can't reproduce it now by changing it back, well happy days anyway thanks soundman :)

• Advertisement

No problem mate. Hopefully thats it sorted fully now.

Advertisement