Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6282 for lasik!

• 16-09-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

After some serious thought and tonnes of research I decided to take the plunge and go for a consultation for Laser Eye surgery. I chose the Mater Private, had my consultation yesterday and was recommended that I undergo Lasik. I realise that your eyesight is priceless and you get what you pay for but was really surprised by the price I was quoted. Its going to cost 2094 per eye, 760 for the Consultants fee and another 1334 for the hospitals fee which brings the surgery to a total of 6282. I am still planning to go with The Mater Private but will just have to put the surgery on hold as I have about 2000 more to pay than I expected. It really boggles me how some places can charge so little for the same procedure. Any one any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Fabritzo wrote: »
    I think you've got your numbers wrong, it comes out at about 4200 from them, it's 760 for the Dr. for each op and 1334 goes to the hospital for each op = 2094 multiplied by 2 + whatever you paid for the consultation.

That seems right and the Blackrock clinic charges €2200 per eye. See here. My brother had it done there a few years ago and he was delighted with the results. Don't forget op you may also be entitled to tax relief on the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rosen

Hi all,

After some serious thought and tonnes of research I decided to take the plunge and go for a consultation for Laser Eye surgery. I chose the Mater Private, had my consultation yesterday and was recommended that I undergo Lasik. I realise that your eyesight is priceless and you get what you pay for but was really surprised by the price I was quoted. Its going to cost 2094 per eye, 760 for the Consultants fee and another 1334 for the hospitals fee which brings the surgery to a total of 6282. I am still planning to go with The Mater Private but will just have to put the surgery on hold as I have about 2000 more to pay than I expected. It really boggles me how some places can charge so little for the same procedure. Any one any thoughts?

Jesus that is expensive. I am getting LASIK in the morning and the price is half that (Optilase) also checked out Wellington and Optical Express and all came in around the 1.5k per eye!! I am sure the Mater are good but that sounds very expensive. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Deadeyes

You've got the prices WRONG!
    The cost is €2049 per eye, which is made up of €760 + €1334
    so the total cost is
    consult 100
    1st eye 2049
    2nd eye 2049

total: 4198

Advertisement