Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG please help!

Options
  • 16-09-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi I'm am sitting my LC in June and did no work during 5th year. I dont no how to study or how to get started and am afraid I would get my course in UCD. your help would be really appriciated!! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

how can we help you? I'm in the same boat as you and all you can do is your best now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Pat2107 wrote: »
    Hi I'm am sitting my LC in June and did no work during 5th year. I dont no how to study or how to get started and am afraid I would get my course in UCD. your help would be really appriciated!! Thanks
    ?????? Did you mean to say 'won't'? :pac:

Anyway, calm down first of all :eek: It's only September still. There's a long way to go yet. I myself did next to nothing in 5th year until the last month or so but I'm not panicking, even though I need +480 points.

Are you doing 7 subjects? Honours or pass?

My advice would be to just relax, do all your homework every eveing and maybe get in an hour or two of extra study at the weekend to make yourself more familiar with the stuff you did (or in your case didn't do!) during 5th year. Best thing is not to panic!

How to study: Study in very short sessions. Don't sit down of an evening or day and say, I'm going to do 4 hours of study! It won't work, especially if you claim you can't study. Pick a topic from one of your courses and spend 30 minutes studying it and taking notes. Maybe write a few points out a few times and learn some of it off. Keep doing this throughout the year and you'll be flying. Good luck. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cokehead Mother

What are your subjects and levels? What was the points cut-off for your course in 2008?

It'd probably help us help you if we knew your 5th year summer results too, if you don't mind. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Choc123

Pat,
    not working in 5th year is a common thing among students who still achieve the points they need.Its only september and as long as you work consistently and steadily right up to June you will get UCD.Start studying now by taking notes from your business,geog,chem or physics book whichever you do.Take a bit of time to read over a couple of your irish poems with a dictionary out to translate and then take notes using your book under theme,feelings etc.
    have a look at www.skoool.ie for tips on note taking as if you have your notes all in order for your mocks you will be flying come June.
    Spend less time on the internet and more time at your desk :rolleyes:
    best of luck and stop panicking and dont be needlessly revealing your 5th year results which mean absolutely nothing to silly posters like above.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rich89

Calm down! Thats the first thing you need to do is relax. You'll get nowhere if your all stressed out. Its only september! I still hadnt done a bit of study until the pre's....albeit I got 280 BUT i put my head down from the end of April and ended up getting 475! So all is not lost right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Pat2107

im doin 6 hons and 1 pass which is maths. i need 365 points!! thanks for your help

Advertisement