Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GRAW....

• 16-09-2008 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

Got GRAW 1 there about 4 months ago but havent had a chance to play it because of halo. Finally tried it in the last couple of days. I have to say this is a game in a class of its own. I read the good reviews etc but this really is fantastic stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I was the same with rainbow six vegas.. 1 & 2 had them both but never really played them.. Just started playing 2 online with a friend(we started on 1) they are great games aswell..

Played Graw couldn't really get into it but I know what you mean!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

whats the difference between graw and rainbow 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

If you mean Rainbow 6:Vegas then R6 is generally indoors alot more than GRAW.
    You're more of a SWAT team {use flash-bang manouvers when opening doors where you know there are terrorists behind etc} compared to GRAW's 'elite' squad of running across open territory with very little support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

GRAW 1 was a great game with some poor design decisions and issues. Pick up GRAW 2 when you get the chance - they improve on every aspect of the original. Fantastic game IMO.

Branoic wrote: »
    GRAW 1 was a great game with some poor design decisions and issues. Pick up GRAW 2 when you get the chance - they improve on every aspect of the original. Fantastic game IMO.

how do you mean poor design decisions and issues? How does the 2nd one improve out of curiousity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

GRAW is very slow paced, I found, and from what I can remember, it wasn't anywhere near as much fun as GRAW 2. GRAW 2 is a lot more action packed, and has some great set pieces. It's much easier than GRAW, but it's a hell of a lot more fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

If you mean Rainbow 6:Vegas then R6 is generally indoors alot more than GRAW.
    You're more of a SWAT team {use flash-bang manouvers when opening doors where you know there are terrorists behind etc} compared to GRAW's 'elite' squad of running across open territory with very little support.

what he said, I find it alot of fun playing with friends. I dont think I could play it with people I didnt know..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Pardon d'ignorance lads, but is 'GRAW' an acronym for a game?! If so, what?! :o Always on the lookout for new games.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pardon d'ignorance lads, but is 'GRAW' an acronym for a game?! If so, what?! :o Always on the lookout for new games.....

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

You can see why people abbreviate it, its quite a handfull to type.:pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I have GRAW 2 - bought it on the recommendation of a friend, but have yet to play it.

I propose we gather a troop and have a n00bs night maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

emurphy wrote: »
    how do you mean poor design decisions and issues? How does the 2nd one improve out of curiousity?

GRAW 1 had notoriously sh1tty placement of auto-save points. You'd be fighting for ages and ages to get past a tough spot, you'd finally do it, and if you got killed a few minutes later you'd fnd you probably had to replay the last 20 darn minutes. The save points are better spaced in 2. Also, the interface for controlling airborne camera thingy is much better in 2.

Branoic wrote: »
    GRAW 1 had notoriously sh1tty placement of auto-save points. You'd be fighting for ages and ages to get past a tough spot, you'd finally do it, and if you got killed a few minutes later you'd fnd you probably had to replay the last 20 darn minutes. The save points are better spaced in 2. Also, the interface for controlling airborne camera thingy is much better in 2.

yeah you couldnt be more right in regards to saving. Thats the only flaw I've found so far though. Its aweful annoyin when you get really far into a level and suddeny then get gunned down and you have to start the whole thing again. I'm on the strong point at the moment and its annoyin the hell out of me getting past one part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭BankMan

Murphy - quit yer yackin' or i'll burst ye.

Eaaaaaaahhhhhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Been playing GRAW 1 over the last week, I find it infuriating at times. I'm on Mission 5 I think, the one where you have to play the whole level solo with no team. Its so damn hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmax

There's only one GRAW game for the xbox360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What? Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but there are two GRAW games for 360.

Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfigher 2
    The second one might not have been much of an improvement on the first, but it was a game nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tmax

Right enuf you are. Only played GRAW2 in that case. They should have called them Ghost Recon 3 and GR3 Advanced Warfighter for marketing purposes (they are part of a series after all)

Advertisement