Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone moved from and E65 to a E66, any opinions?

• 16-09-2008 7:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of making the jump but not 100%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Thinking of making the jump but not 100%

was tempted myself, but will probably go with the big brother: the e71; launched today on Vodafone...
    Is the e66 out on any Irish network, yet? Would like a try :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Don't know if it's out on any network here yet, i've a few phones knocking around so i'm just going to blow them out and get myself a sim free one...there both the same price..

I didn't realise the e71 was that small big difference from the old model, I can't get my head around predective text so that keyboard could be very usefull....

that's for pointing it out....now I don't know what to do..

Cnet reviews here...

E71
    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/0,39051199,43607669p,00.htm

E66
    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/0,39051199,43607668p,00.htm

it's a tough call....

Don't know if it's out on any network here yet, i've a few phones knocking around so i'm just going to blow them out and get myself a sim free one...there both the same price..

I didn't realise the e71 was that small big difference from the old model, I can't get my head around predective text so that keyboard could be very usefull....

that's for pointing it out....now I don't know what to do..

Cnet reviews here...

E71
    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/0,39051199,43607669p,00.htm

E66
    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/mobilephones/0,39051199,43607668p,00.htm

it's a tough call....

i'v seen and used the 71: it's stunning! So slim/thin and so packed full of goodies! And the qwerty - though small - works really well ;)

boygeniusreport.com and a few other reviewers reckon it's the best phone Nokia EVER made! And I won't argue... :lol:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

watched a few more videos of it, it looks the business...defo putting in my order tomorrow....thanks for the Tip, I was about to order the e66.....glad I didn't now....

watched a few more videos of it, it looks the business...defo putting in my order tomorrow....thanks for the Tip, I was about to order the e66.....glad I didn't now....

nice :)
    we'll be able to trade tips'n'tricks ;)
    hope I'll have mine by the end of the week... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Am I going blind ? Can't find it on Vodafone site ? Any price details ?

not on the site yet, but the shops got their mock-ups! Definitely coming in the next 5 days :)
    prepay ?379.00 - no idea what the bill payers have to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Go for the E71 - Sweeeet Phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

strecker wrote: »
    not on the site yet, but the shops got their mock-ups!
    How novel !
    Definitely coming in the next 5 days :)
    Looks like I'll have to try to convince myself that I don't want one for a while so. Won't be easy though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I think €239 is the lowest bill pay price. Steep considering Vodafone UK start at Free. Shops are supposed to have stock on Friday. Great phone. its light years better than my old E61. the screen is smaller but I'll accept that as it makes the phone that bit narrower and fits a lot better.

strecker wrote: »
    not on the site yet, but the shops got their mock-ups! Definitely coming in the next 5 days :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement