Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi to Heuston from UCD -How long?!

Options
  • 16-09-2008 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all

I've a dilemma - I need to get a train home on thursday at 11:25 for important appointment. From heuston station.
    I have a lecture from 10-11. Does anyone think I've any chance of making the 11:25 train, considering I should get outta lecture at 10:50? I really can't miss the lecture (compulsory attendance) or the appointment!

Planning to get a taxi - would I get to heuston in 20 mins? and what's the best place to run to hail taxi?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

lectures are meant to end 10 mins before the hour anyways to give you time to get to your next lecture.so you should be let out of your lecture at 10.50 anyway.maybe have a word with your lecturer at the start and see about getting out a bit early while still having your attendance marked

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

wait....... attendence marked in lectures.............whats this malarky
    its possible.............but youd be lucky with the way traffic goes.........shouldnt be too bad round then............but I wouldnt try it..........too many things to go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'd order a taxi if I were you. Hopefully one that would know UCD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Mick T

aa route finder or google maps will give you a round about time to destination in a car!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I've done it in 11 minutes before, but that was at night with no traffic.

You should be ok if your taxi driver knows his way around dublin.

Tell your lecturer you need to leave early for an appointment. There's f.all they can do about it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Forget about it. No way. It's not going to happen.
    I'll only assume the last poster was using his helicopter to catch a train.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I can easily imagine that heppening at night with no traffic - you'd be amazed how short the distance really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 irelands_call

Thanks everyone

I'm going to chance it - hopefully get outta lecture a few mins early, and leg it down to try and get a taxi asap. There's another train at 12 but I would be late then but at least it's some bit of backup anyway.

Thanks for all your help. I'll let u know how i get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

When you have learnt what you need to know at lecture - sneak out! Just leave before the end to give yourself that bit more time. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Trip report please?

• Advertisement
Advertisement