Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help finding the perfect siberian huskey

• 16-09-2008 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have been searching for two weeks now every chance i get to find my perfect siberian huskey pup I would love black/white male with blue eyes with the irish kennel club registration and all vaccinations less than 9 weeks old i am willing to pay 700 - 800 or nearest offer and will have cash next week and i would like him to be from nice parents with good temperment.i live in meath and am willing to travel to collect. i cant seem to find one no matter how hard i try:(. does anyone know where i could get a nice puppy that suits the description Its for the family and will be well taken care of i live on an acre and have fenced off the back garden for him all i have to do now is find a pup can anyone please help? my number is 08xxxxxxxx if i don't reply sorry as i don't have very good internet access
    thanks,
    Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Beth

Contact the IKC for a list of their registered breeders - they will know who has a litter of pups.
    There's links on the IKC site for Breed clubs for you to contact the club, who would also know the better breeders and who has pups.

Have a read of this thread and prepare yourself for how not to do it, and how badly it can go wrong.

And have a look at this for other tips on buying a puppy.

The size of your garden doesnt matter much - they need to be exercised. They wont exercise themselves, or play by themselves - they need the interaction of humans for both.

Huskies were bred to work and run, and as such you'll find a lot of advice on the internet about not being able to let them off lead at all because of what they were bred for leaving them having poor recall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lenni

I spoke to a lovely lady last week in the All Ireland Siberian Husky Club. She has been breething huskys for 24 years now. You can get them on 0568833817 / 0568833160. I dont no if she will have any at the moment but is worth a try. Whatever you do dont buy tru buy and sell or done deal.

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭jenpup

you could be waiting awhile for a puppy from a reputable breeder as any reputable breeder only have 1 litter a year if at all, so you need to be prepared to be patient and wait for that perfect pup.

Some breeders even have waiting lists.

Good luck with the search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

sometimes huskies come into rescues/pounds so keep an eye on irishanimals.ie and petsireland.invisionzone.com if you'd be interested in helping out a needy one (much better than spending a ridiculous amount of money on a pup IMO)

besides where to find one, are you sure you are capable of looking after one? They are difficult dogs to look after and keep happy. Most adults need at least 2 hrs exersize a day, they were bred to run for miles so a quick walk around the block won't be sufficient.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ChrisPH

Lovely dogs, was looking for one myself thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Please don't resurrect a 5 year old thread.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement