Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat ITV HD

• 16-09-2008 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Anyone else having problems with ITV HD on a Uk freesat box?

I have a humax Freesat HD box and it works perfect on every channel except for the ITV HD feature on the red button.

I'm trying to watch the Liverpool Champions League game tonight and it keeps going blocky and sound squeeking and every now and then I see the bad or no signal message.

I checked my singal and quality and both are at 100%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Perfect here.....so far...Humax Foxsat

I am watching ITV Meridian Region, use Post Code SO14 1AB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭an_other

I'm in Athlone where are you.
    I will change the postcode and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

perfect here on dvbviewer and nova hd s2

an_other wrote: »
    I'm in Athlone where are you.
    I will change the postcode and see what happens

Drogheda.

Best leave Post code till half time, you will have to re-scan channels. Its only a stab in the dark, but I did notice differences in different region ITV's. Not sure if it will be related to problem your having. Possibly HDMI cable as well, is BBC HD ok?

I changed my postcode but still the same problem.
    You guys are watching on ITV HD using the red button right?

• Advertisement

BBC HD is perfect. It's only ITV HD I get this problem with, it's happened before when I was watching the mummy a few weeks back & I didn't use it again till tonight for the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

as far as i know, the red button access to ITV HD will not work if your postcode is set for Ulster or Scottish tv..

I was set with a London postcode and now I'm ITV Meridian Region same as mylow but it's still breaking up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

a stab in the dark, do you have a cordless phone/mobile/wifi router nearby that is on? Cos it could be that interferring.

I'm with you on that one.
    My Wifi gear causes real problems with setanta on my sky box. I knocked off my wifi gear and ITV HD did get better not breaking up as often but still breaking up and showing bad or no signal.
    I will turn off everything including my phone for start of second half and see what happens.

• Advertisement

yep...red button HD....not to rub it in...the picture is fabulous

I switched off everything except the freesat box and the tv and I'm still having the same problem. If it was my dish or LNB wouldn't I be having problems with other channels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

could need a system turn off? if not possible signal problem? dont rely on signal meters onboard the reciever? lnb skew perhaps? im not 100% sure what sat or footprint itv hd is on but possible signal problem could be a cause?

The footprint covers all of Ireland I thought. Cud be skew alright

know any other freesat channels that come in on a frequency close to ITV HD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Going slightly off topic, but as you were discussing freesat and postcodes I am having a problem with a Grundig SD Freesat box -no Channel 4 on EPG 104 with NI postcode- since 8350 (Ch. 4 London) was removed during the recent Channel 4 reshuffle.
    Is anyone here using a freesat box with a NI postcode with Channel 4 in the EPG 104 position?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Advertisement