Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are there mechanics who call out to you?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I'm in the (tedious) process of renewing my car insurance and am therefore shopping around - I've been offered a great quote with a company who do have a breakdown assistance service, but you have to be 2km away from your home to use it. The next quote up for a company who offer driveway assistance is €120 higher than the first quote.

I'm just wondering, if my car broke down at home, are there any mechanics or garages that offer a call-out service - I've never heard of that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Most will be able to arrange a tow from your home to their garage, but to actually do work at your place? Can't see much of that really besides basic AA type stuff. They'd need lifts and diagnostic computers and stuff to do any serious work.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

Yeah that's what I was thinking, cos most people either have AA or Motor Rescue with their insurance - just a mate from Latvia said that there are loads of companies there advertising roadside and driveway assistance, just call them when you need them kinda thing, even for small things like changing a flat tire (if you're crap like myself!) - he was really surprised that there seemed to be nothing like that here. Just wanted to double check.

Advertisement