Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

studdy buddy f5 +f6

• 16-09-2008 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi

hey looking to get one or two people together to go over exam papers and help each other out during the coming months.

studying f5 and f6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

I am repeating F5 in December after failing in June. So I would be happy to have a study buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Maclyn

Hi Dell,

I think you sent me a pm, haven't been on in a while. I am doing F5 & F6 (alongwith F4 :eek:). Finding it hectic but getting through them. I am doing F6 with Julie Hawkins notes and finding it good so far. With F5, I am basically going through the study sessions recommended by BPP, learning off the questions.

Maclyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dell59

ye i think thats very interesting, i'm doing f5 in dbs and im just after a 3 and 1/2 hour lecture on a friday night. so ur just learning off the questings brom bps..

i presumed that all the colleges thought pretty much the same way but what ur doing for bpp seems a lot more appealing.

what i had in mind with teaming up with some one was going over exam papers together with the solutions and understanding where you get each figure ect.

so if ur up to spending some weekday evening or weekend morning going over some papers, i'll bu up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

How are you guys getting on with F6??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭je55ie

Hiya , Im doing this F5 homestudy and just wondering has anyone any tips for the exam on Monday?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Hi Jessie,

I am going over the exam papers at minute and was just on acca website to print off a few of the archive ones (2.1) but none of the questions seem to tie in with F5, are you going over those exams papers? Or would I be better off concentrating on those 2 past, pilot paper and the Q's in BPP.

Hope all's going well study wise for you. Have no tips as doing home study myself.

Maclyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Froggie01

Hi

Tips are out there for BPP and Kaplan - see opentuition.com , this website has great audio and video lectures for free as well.

However, just did f4 homestudy and wouldn;t be so confident relying on any tips, esp for F5.

However , for what its worth F5 - Variances Mix and Yield, Learning Curve, Throughput, Transfer Pricing.

Touch back here after exams to see what you thought.

R

Maclyn wrote: »
    Hi Jessie,

I am going over the exam papers at minute and was just on acca website to print off a few of the archive ones (2.1) but none of the questions seem to tie in with F5, are you going over those exams papers? Or would I be better off concentrating on those 2 past, pilot paper and the Q's in BPP.

Hope all's going well study wise for you. Have no tips as doing home study myself.

Maclyn

Hi Maclyn,

Had a look over the recent exam papers not the the very old ones, just using the practise and revision kit as well. This is a repeat for me, missed out by 4% the last time and honestly I think it was marked very hard as I did think I did ok. Im hoping they wont be as tough this time.

Jessie

Hi all,

Ok the exam so was not what I expected! Only thing that came up as expected was Learning Curves, rest of the questions completely different. Found calculations seemed too easy to be real but at the same time I fell down badly in the theory and even though I had expected and studied Learning Curves it didnt quite work out for me. Last bit had me baffled for some reason and I no the answer was quite simple. :confused:

What you all think?

Hi Jessie,

I was absolutely sh*tting that exam and came out of feeling happy enough. I know its a hard marked paper so I'm hoping I got enough to pass, find the theory tough. Hopefully you've got it this time.

There were a couple of things that I had looked over before I went in and I was lucky that they came up, in saying that I really dont know if I got a pass or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Froggie01

Hi All

Well, i didn;t really like this paper at all - even though it (at first glance) seemed to have been easier from the June one (that one came straight from the fires of hell)

I found the theory ok - i actually concentrated on theory as never got to grips with exams questions in the first place.

Spent an hour on the first question - got crazy result for ROIs -so presumed i was wrong and wasted time re hashing stuff.

Left out 9 marker in the second question re minimax andd expected values- didn;t understand the question

The learning curve was grand -but now realised i did my high low all wrong.

Don;t mind to repeat in June - better that way as need more time to better understand it via practical questions.3 months is very short when you are working as well.

I also did F4 - It would kill me if i didn;t pass it to be honest. Even though wrote 3 sentences for "resolutions" - didn;t realiase that would be a topic on its own??

Anyone any other opinions?

Advertisement