Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Water leak?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 9:57pm

Here's the story, I have a 2000 toyota corolla. The cars only used once or twice a week(i use a motorbike most of the time). Anyway I was using it last sunday and noticed the carpet in the drivers footwell was soaking wet. The car hadn't been used for several days despite the heavy rain last week.
    The doors and windows were all firmly shut and I have no idea where this water has come from. It still hasn't dried out and the carpet is starting to smell.
    I won't have any time to take it to a garage this week, but does anyone have any ideas as to the cause? A faulty seal or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Does it have a pollen filter? If so, suspect it. Are the drains at the firewall blocked? (near the bottom of the windscreen with bonnet up). Check these.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Does it have a pollen filter? If so, suspect it. Are the drains at the firewall blocked? (near the bottom of the windscreen with bonnet up). Check these.

Don't know about the pollen filter, will check the rest tomorrow. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I think the pollen filter on the Corolla is behind the passenger glove compartment, I know that's where it is on the 2002 model.

It's likely like Esel said that been the time of the year it is that leaves have gone into the seals/drains around the bonnet and are lodging water there and this is eventually making it's way into the car.

Advertisement