Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fees

• 16-09-2008 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    Posting on behalf of my sister here. Shes thinking of doing dentistry at QUB next year and Is basically wondering will she have to pay tuition fees? She was born in the Republic of Ireland and lived here all her life.

And have any of you sat the UK Clinical Aptitude Test? Whats it like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Howdy,
    Posting on behalf of my sister here. Shes thinking of doing dentistry at QUB next year and Is basically wondering will she have to pay tuition fees? She was born in the Republic of Ireland and lived here all her life.

And have any of you sat the UK Clinical Aptitude Test? Whats it like?

If she's eligible for fee support from the VEC down South that does carry through to NI; not sure if it covers the entire amount though? I only have experience of it at postgrad level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭markok84

ellscurr wrote: »
    If she's eligible for fee support from the VEC down South that does carry through to NI; not sure if it covers the entire amount though? I only have experience of it at postgrad level.

Have you gotten your grant sorted out?? I was told at registration that I needed a letter from the VEC before the 30th Sept or else I was getting the bill!! nearly £4k!! a bit saucy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

markok84 wrote: »
    Have you gotten your grant sorted out?? I was told at registration that I needed a letter from the VEC before the 30th Sept or else I was getting the bill!! nearly £4k!! a bit saucy!

No, I rang yesterday and they said it's been approved...almost. They said they can send me a letter confirming they're paying the fees in the meantime to use at registration; give them a ring and they should be able to do the same for yourself ;)

I did mention I was broke and couldn't go to college unless they were paying...it added a little to her sympathy response I think!

Advertisement