Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastercard Securecode

Options
  • 16-09-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭

Has anyone experienced this while odering goods online? I'm ordering froma trusted site and when I provide billing info, I'm directed to a screen which asks me for my Mastercard Securecode info. One of the mandatory fields requires me to disclose credit limit. Is this legit? And if so, is it a new concept? I don't remember seeing anything like this when ordering fro Amazon etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Read more about it here.

You can also signup there if you feel more comfortable.

Then when you go to a site that uses it it will pop up the securecode window. It will have a phrase in it that you will recognise so that you know it's a genuine request. If it's not then don't put your details in. You will only need your password once you've registered and won't need to provide any limit details etc any more.

Ring up the number on the back of your credit card if you have any further doubts and they can also advise you further.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Random wrote: »
    Read more about it here.

You can also signup there if you feel more comfortable.

Then when you go to a site that uses it it will pop up the securecode window. It will have a phrase in it that you will recognise so that you know it's a genuine request. If it's not then don't put your details in. You will only need your password once you've registered and won't need to provide any limit details etc any more.

Ring up the number on the back of your credit card if you have any further doubts and they can also advise you further.

Okay, great thanks. Unfortunately I've erroneously entered my details three times (I'm an idiot) so they've locked my card. :( Any ideas on how to solve this?

....now I look like a thief, don't I? :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

That's a first that I've heard of and I regular buy stuff off the net.
    Asking for your limit, could be legit but your right to check and should be congratulated about asking about it.

Wish there was more like yourself instead of fools jumping in blindly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

TelePaul wrote: »
    Okay, great thanks. Unfortunately I've erroneously entered my details three times (I'm an idiot) so they've locked my card. :( Any ideas on how to solve this?

....now I look like a thief, don't I? :o
    I had problems before with passwords and registering and stuff - rang the number on the back of my card and they helped out. Suggest you do same as they have access to the backend of the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My Tesco Visa credit card has something similar. When ordering I'm directed to another page where I need to enter selected characters from a password. (My Bank of Ireland Visa card doesn't provide this service).

Ring the credit card supplier and they should be able to help you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement