Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

battery for vw golf key

Options
  • 16-09-2008 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭

bought a 01 golf but ther keys battery isnt working so i presume its the battery

any way to put the battery in ?

and what battery do i need ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Is it a key for remote central locking? or the key with the mini torch? If its for the torch one just put a 1c coin in the groove and twist. The battery is a wierd one tho, a bit like a watch battery, but not standard. If you have trouble finding one, try watch shops, and chemists (similar batterys go in hearing aids).

If its for the central locking key, eh, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

noblestee wrote: »
    Is it a key for remote central locking? or the key with the mini torch? If its for the torch one just put a 1c coin in the groove and twist. The battery is a wierd one tho, a bit like a watch battery, but not standard. If you have trouble finding one, try watch shops, and chemists (similar batterys go in hearing aids).

If its for the central locking key, eh, best of luck.

i think its the key for the locking of the doors from far away:D

and when you mean torch your referring to light ya
    if so nope in my key

my key only has one button on it and a small bulb thing under the key which i presume is the sensor??

not sure

my first car with this kind of key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

i think its the key for the locking of the doors from far away:D

and when you mean torch your referring to light ya
    if so nope in my key

my key only has one button on it and a small bulb thing under the key which i presume is the sensor??

not sure

my first car with this kind of key

By torch i mean light. Its the small bulb thing under the key you mentioned. In general, if your car came with this type of key, it has central locking, but not remote central locking, so replacing the battery will only make the light work and help you find the lock barrell in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,368 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

noblestee wrote: »
    By torch i mean light. Its the small bulb thing under the key you mentioned. In general, if your car came with this type of key, it has central locking, but not remote central locking, so replacing the battery will only make the light work and help you find the lock barrell in the dark.

its remote central locking mate

i found out

so the battery should be easily enough replaced

Advertisement