Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

my driving test is coming up +my instructor lets me down

Options
  • 16-09-2008 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been learning to drive since january and had so much set backs regarding driving instructors letting me down. Also my younger brother crashed my car twos weeks after getting it a few months ago so to say the least i've had a load of setbacks.

Anyways I found a lovely instructor a few months ago and I'm getting on great. I've had loads of lessons about 18, 19 or 20 in total between all the different instructors. I've lost count.

Aside from all this i'm doing great. I've my car fixed up and all and I take it out onto the road whenever I can.

Anyways I recieved my driving test appointment today. My instructor was unable to take me for the past two weeks due to family circumstances and now theres a death in her family. So she mightn't be able to take me for some time. She can't take me this week. i don't know where I stand with her.

I'm screwed. I need lessons every week now until my driving test if theres any chance of me passing. My test is in ballybrit in galway too. If it was westside it would be so much easier. I've never been to ballybrit.

I rang a few driving schools today and they can't take me. What do i do. I can't afford to cancel. I should have been rady but theres always set backs.

Wonder If i ring driving test number on my letter and change venues but keep the same date would they take me.

So anyways my test is coming up, I should be ready but i'm not. And I have no instructor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

You can always rearrange your test for a later date if you don't think you'll be prepared on time? Also remember your driving instructor can only teach you so much, everything else is practice. Have you got anyone who could accompany you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm going to practice a little bit of tough love here and tell you to stop being so dependent on an instructor. Have some faith in what you've learned after so many lessons.

I'm not saying to stop taking lessons, ring the schools and instructors, tell them that your test is coming up and ask to take the place of any cancellations. If this doesn't work, defer your test. Another angle is that you may as well take the test anyway. If you don't pass, you'll at least have experienced the test once and won't be so nervous the first time. And who knows, you may pass.

Advertisement