Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

In Flames

• 16-09-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

What do people think of them? Personally i think they are one of the best bands out there when i first heard CC i thought it was one of the best sounding albums id ever heard then i ventured out and got Clayman and my god i was blown away by it probably my 2nd all time favourite album of all time. The riffs in it just perfect and faultless.

Now ASoP came out a while ago and i was let down by it drastically by it, the sound was extremely drab and dry for the life of my i dont know how they went from the perfect sound from CC to this, the songs themselves just werent on par with their other material they have released that said its not that all the songs are crap there are a good few songs Disconnected,Drenched in Fear,Alias and Sleepless Again and the biggest positive is Anders vocals he has come on leaps and bounds in terms of his singing voice and quality and really has a very unique singing style now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Come Clarity. YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

In Flames are my favourite band of all time, love everything they've done (except the fairly awful Lunar Strain). People bitch and moan about the new stuff, but I think the old stuff is the perfect marriage between melodic guitar and growling vocals, and the new stuff is the perfect marriage between melodic/screaming vocals and groove/rhythm guitar. Love ASOP, CC not their best (bit underproduced and thrashy), all the rest brilliant with Colony and Clayman on top. My 2c
    In Flames We Trust

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    In Flames are my favourite band of all time, love everything they've done (except the fairly awful Lunar Strain). People bitch and moan about the new stuff, but I think the old stuff is the perfect marriage between melodic guitar and growling vocals, and the new stuff is the perfect marriage between melodic/screaming vocals and groove/rhythm guitar. Love ASOP, CC not their best (bit underproduced and thrashy), all the rest brilliant with Colony and Clayman on top. My 2c
    In Flames We Trust

You think? I think its their most polished album they have ever done while ASOP is the opposite as i said it sounds really dry if you know what i mean it doesnt have the crisp sound that CC had.

Advertisement