Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOD ?

Options
  • 16-09-2008 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Anyone else get any BSOD's ? ( Blue screens )

I got about 4 or 5 since yesterday. They usually happen whne theres allot of characters on screen at once. The game will become very choppy when spells are cast. Then eventually a BSOD.

Specs

E6600 2.4Ghz stock @ 3.6Ghz
    EVGA nForce 680i
    2GB OCZ 8500 @ 1000Mhz timings 5-5-5-15.
    EVGA 280 GTX
    X-Fi Fatality
    Windows XP SP3

Anyone have any ideas? Been running other games fine with this overclock. And I even tried reducing my speed a little didnt seem to work.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tyrant^ wrote: »
    Anyone else get any BSOD's ? ( Blue screens )

I got about 4 or 5 since yesterday. They usually happen whne theres allot of characters on screen at once. The game will become very choppy when spells are cast. Then eventually a BSOD.

Specs

E6600 2.4Ghz stock @ 3.6Ghz
    EVGA nForce 680i
    2GB OCZ 8500 @ 1000Mhz timings 5-5-5-15.
    EVGA 280 GTX
    X-Fi Fatality
    Windows XP SP3

Anyone have any ideas? Been running other games fine with this overclock. And I even tried reducing my speed a little didnt seem to work.

Other games are almost certainly singlethreaded. WAR isn't, it stresses multiple cores, so it's possible the second core isn't quite happy at 3.6GHz. I'd suggest dropping it to stock and seeing if occurs at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

at home WAR is playing great, however when playing in the local net cafe, WAR droped dead 4 times within the hour :/ it was quite stressfull as i payed for 2 hours with ques.. i only played a max of 20 mins :(

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

toxick wrote: »
    at home WAR is playing great, however when playing in the local net cafe, WAR droped dead 4 times within the hour :/ it was quite stressfull as i payed for 2 hours with ques.. i only played a max of 20 mins :(

You get no choppy movement or animations when allot of spells going on?
    What settings have you got you game at high quality, balance, or Highest frame rate?

Could you tell me your PC specs as well please :D

It seems to me that it could be a memory issue as when I first load the game its quite smooth and about 30mins later it will begin to get sluggish.
    I'll try reducing the CPU clock when I get home !

Advertisement