Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Educate Together Open Day

Options
  • 17-09-2008 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

This is pure advertisement - hope the mods don't mind :)

Maynooth Educate Together National School are having an Open Day on Saturday, 27th September.

Anyone in the community is welcome to come and see the new school - with or without kids. The day is merely to make the new premises available to anyone to see the school, meet with the startup group and teachers with any questions about the school itself or the ethos of Educate Together or to just see the results already with the school only open 3 weeks.

There will be some activities for children including face-painting and refreshments are provided.

History:
    The Startup Group, of which I am a member, first met on the 12th January this year and help our first public meeting and opened pre-enrolment on the 26th January. In early April we received sanction from the Minister of Education and Science and since them we have worked hard to ensure the school opened.

In the last 8 months we have had public meetings, pre-enrolments, plenty of committee meetings, dialogues with local and national politicians; and finally opened the school on the 1st September. My own twin daughters are pupils in the school and it was a very proud moment for me and my partner to see them walk into their first day of school that we had played a part in opening.

If any boardsies come please ask for Steve :)

Advertisement