Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gurren Lagann

Options
  • 17-09-2008 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭

This was on the sci fi channel on monday (animonday) and its a bit out of the norm in regard to a mech oriented series but my got the art is just great in places. And its humourous.

Wondered if anyone else had stumbled on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is awesome, like one of the best anime I've ever watched.

completey forgot it was on scifi now, was interested to see if the english dubbing was anywhere near as amazing as the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

that looks sweet... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Iv been watching it but havent finished it, very funny series :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

A series composed of Awesome.

Except I'm not too hot on a dub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭corkstudent

If you like Gurren Lagann, you really need to watch Gunbuster, Diebuster, FLCL, Re: Cutie Honey, as well as New Getter Robo as it borrows a lot from Getter Robo(Spiral energy = less dangerous version of Getter Rays).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

The dubs are pretty blagh I thought. Kamina definatly wasn't as shounerific as he should be.

Great show though, ranked number one on myanimelist.com. Beating Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Death Note, DBZ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Its easily one of the best anime I have seen anyway. First half of the series is awesome then the second half slows down a bit but the end definately doesnt disappoint.

Ive never heard of New Getter Robo, whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

I consider TTGL to be the best anime from 2007, it's so amazing.
    *hearts Gurren Lagann*

• Registered Users Posts: 82,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

just got up to ep6. t'was gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

robby^5 wrote: »
    ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Kick reason to the curb and surpass the impossible!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

robby^5 wrote: »
    ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWAH!

Oddly enough they are actually singing "RAW RAW"

First half had all the humour and the second half just reminded me of Katamari. Not that it wasn't good it just scrambled my head a bit.
    I didnt like how the first episode FFW intro wasn't lived up to. It would have been important to me to have that same clip replayed somewhere in the last few episodes

Overheal wrote: »
    First half had all the humour and the second half just reminded me of Katamari. Not that it wasn't good it just scrambled my head a bit.
    I didnt like how the first episode FFW intro wasn't lived up to. It would have been important to me to have that same clip replayed somewhere in the last few episodes
    Good Simon > Evil Simon (imo). That opening scene was cool, but good Simon kicked ass in his own way. Made for a great ending to the series {a la Nia}, bittersweet.

You might also check out the series of of Parallel Works music videos released in the run up to the movie.

I quite like the first, fourth and last in particular.

oh yeah theres a movie I have to find isnt there.. has it a special name?

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

That quote is completely wrong.
    oh yeah theres a movie I have to find isnt there.. has it a special name?

Nope, its not out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Varkov wrote: »
    The dubs are pretty blagh I thought. Kamina definatly wasn't as shounerific as he should be.

good dubs are pretty rare though.

and on topic its a pretty solid show i enjoyed. will buy again.

DingChavez wrote: »
    That quote is completely wrong.

I wasn't aware it was [edited] season yet.

That quote is right by the sub I watched. But you have my apologies sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gurren Lagann Parallel Works just wrapped.
    GARlock (super-manly man from ep1 opening) is
    Lord Genome, from when he first took the fight to the Anti-Spirals. Except when he saw that he could unleash the Spiral Nemesis, he didn't have a Nia-class love to fight for -- instead, he destroyed all the Spirals on his side, created the race of Beastmen, and prevented humanity's evolution for over 200 years to protect them.
    Also, Guame can be seen in his original armadillo form.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

I wasn't aware it was [edited] season yet.

That quote is right by the sub I watched. But you have my apologies sir.

Considering he said "Believe in yourself" in two different ways I'm guessing you didn't check if you were wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

The movie was shown at a convention in Germany last week.
    Some fat aspie spacker asked if they were ever going to release the songs without "that gay Row Row Fight The Power rap **** over them".

The creators on the panel just scowled at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Omae wo shinjite, omae ni shinjiro!

I think that's close ¬_¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

DingChavez wrote: »
    Considering he said "Believe in yourself" in two different ways...

I must agree that the subs I watched had "Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me, who believes in you!" and a quick google seems to agree that those are correct *shrugs*

The movie was shown at a convention in Germany last week.
    Some fat aspie spacker asked if they were ever going to release the songs without "that gay Row Row Fight The Power rap **** over them".

The creators on the panel just scowled at him.

I would have grabbed him by the collar and thrown him out.
    I'm not a fan of rap (not my thing), but Row Row Fight the Power is awesome in all it's iterations. 'Libera me from Hell' is one of my favorite songs right now.

I think I've been hacked by Spiral Beings on this day. I was playing TF2 and I got an accheivment - but instead of the acheivments normal icon displaying, it was replaced with the Dai-Gurren Brigade Logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

I think I've been hacked by Spiral Beings on this day. I was playing TF2 and I got an accheivment - but instead of the acheivments normal icon displaying, it was replaced with the Dai-Gurren Brigade Logo.

Pics?

I didnt get the screen cap sadly. but it looked like this - mind i only photoshopped this:

gurren.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

watched the first 2 ep's , dident really like it tbh , might give it a another go when i get time

Advertisement