Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gurren Lagann

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

No Pics. => It didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,355 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It did too!

its not till the 4th episode or so that it really falls right into its groove.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

awhir wrote: »
    watched the first 2 ep's , dident really like it tbh , might give it a another go when i get time
    There may not be hope for you.

The first three episodes, I thought, were spectacular. It gets a little weaker until about episode 7. And then there is the explosively awesome amazing episode 8. Which I will never forget.

From that point it just keeps building up and up and up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

I just started watching last night
    first 4 episodes
    I see a great ammount of potential in it but it seemed to try and introduce too many characters in far too soon (important ones or not)
    its nice and easy going so Im going to continue to watch for a while at least :)

get used to it. its not some DBZ knockoff that makes an entire episode out of goku "powering up" - a lot happens in the end. And it has to: Where it all ends up at the finish is pretty amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Yeah.... It is awesome in the original language. But good God is the dub ****e. I would never have thought it possible for character to ruin a dub, but the American VA for Kamina massacres it. He doesnt sound manly, he doesnt sound GAR, he sounds like the lead from some 1980's cartoon. He's too clean in the dub, to goody-doody... too All-American... rather than being Kamina.

He's almost a parody of himself, which is insanely dissapointing, because the rest of the cast does a half decent job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

GAAAAAAAAAAR.

Archer kicks ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Baza210 wrote: »
    GAAAAAAAAAAR.

Archer kicks ass.
    Simon would beat anyone in a fight.
    Even Archer.
    There.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Dartz wrote: »
    Yeah.... It is awesome in the original language. But good God is the dub ****e. I would never have thought it possible for character to ruin a dub, but the American VA for Kamina massacres it. He doesnt sound manly, he doesnt sound GAR, he sounds like the lead from some 1980's cartoon. He's too clean in the dub, to goody-doody... too All-American... rather than being Kamina.

He's almost a parody of himself, which is insanely dissapointing, because the rest of the cast does a half decent job of it.

yeah subtitles rock :P

I have this annoying problem now that everytime I see a login page for a website I think 'Lagann' - I'm sure within a month this will have developed into shouting Spin On when I check my email.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Prime32

I'm sure some of you have seen it already, but...

unionflagann.gif
    UNION FLAGANN, SPIN ON!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Does anyone else leap into their car through the sunroof and turn the key screaming, "Peugot 206! SPIN ON!"

Prime32 wrote: »
    I'm sure some of you have seen it already, but...

unionflagann.gif
    UNION FLAGANN, SPIN ON!
    You realise there are signature regulations on this website, yes?

oh wait, thats not a sig. carry on.

Overheal wrote: »
    You realise there are signature regulations on this website, yes?

oh wait, thats not a sig. carry on.
    Pretty weird ones at that. I could see avs and sigs before I registered, then I was informed that they would be turned off until I made 25 posts, but there was an option to turn them on again. :confused:

Regarding the dub... there just aren't that many English VAs that can pull off "Hot Blooded". Seth Green is one ("DARK MAGIC ATTACK!"). Chris Sabat is another ("OVER NINE THOUSAAAAND!"). It's just not the same without all the ham (This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about).

Viral is particularly hard - not only does his voice jump back and forth between a roar and a whisper, but he's voiced by Nobuyuki frigging Hiyama. I would have cast Steven J Blum as Viral, but placing him as Leeron was genius. :D The guy doing Viral in the dub would be better suited for Cytomander, IMO. Likewise, I would have put Michelle Ruff (Yoko's VA) as Adiane.

The really weird thing, though, is how the actors in the dub stress all the wrong syllables. I don't mean different syllables to the original - I mean syllables no sane person would emphasise. Who's "Lajeho"? Oh, they meant Lord Genome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Started watching this over the weekend after a recommendation in this forum, (which also led me to "Godannar"! -Fantastic show!!! :p), and I'm frigging loving it! Exactly the right amount of "MAD" mixed with Mecha :D

Varkov wrote: »

WAAAANNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Already has :)

Maybe a 1/100 overflag. Hmm?

Or a Tieren Taozi!

http://bandai-hobby.net/english/images/item/0801_04_02.jpg

*Slobber*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I did not think it was possible to out-do the die-cast metal Gurren-Lagann proudly adorning my desk.

Oh, how wrong I was.

Please tell me where to get it/who manufactures it, so that I may waste ridiculous amounts of money on a pre-order!

http://e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=8504

$333.74 pre order :eek:

I really really want this, but I really want to eat aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Holy shit.

081117.gif

http://e2046.com/product_info.php?products_id=8504

$333.74 pre order :eek:

I really really want this, but I really want to eat aswell!
    prepainted though, and by a pro. If I sold these I'd expect to get far more than the sticker price too: http://overheal1987.deviantart.com/art/Swordwind-68532747

Baza210 wrote: »
    Holy shit.

081117.gif
    VGCats loves it.
    071029.jpg

Overheal wrote: »
    prepainted though, and by a pro. If I sold these I'd expect to get far more than the sticker price too: http://overheal1987.deviantart.com/art/Swordwind-68532747

Wow, lovely painting overheal, Im actually working on a Biel-Tan army at the moment too.

Advertisement