Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SDL Games involving words

Options
  • 17-09-2008 7:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

Anyone here know of any SDL games including source code that involve working with letters/words..a simple crossword for example.
    Or even a sodoku challenge..

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Sounds like your asking for somebody to do your homework to me. But that doesn't sit right considering the level you seem to be working at, what's the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

no, its not homework..just a hobby.

just want to learn about games programming.
    i'd planned to get some books from the library but in the meantime was looking for some quick links to sources of existing programs..i know im just being lazy asking question like that.

the first thing i wanted to try write is a game that involves solving cryptograms.

i'll just keep search with google, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Any language in particular?

SDL deals mostly with multimedia. The code for word-related stuff would be mostly independent of SDL code, so it probably wouldn't need to be SDL-specific game code to show you what you need to do. Sudoku in particular has loads of open-source examples floating about in various languages (and I'm sure some of them use SDL for graphics etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

C/C++

Advertisement