Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VMware - Where to start!?

• 17-09-2008 7:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hello,

I will just give a quick backgroud, I have been working in 2nd level support for about 6 years now. I have done a few MCSE exams and am looking for something new and most likely something where there will be some stability for the next few years.

I have been playing around with VMware in work the past few weeks and I have come to the conclusion I need and want to do some sort of course in this advancing technology.

As is with most IT related courses in Dublin they cost an absolute fortune. I was wondering if someone on here has done a night course in Virtualisation technology in the Dublin area or knows a course that would suit evenings or wknds?

Any help appreciated,

Cheerspal :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭Leadership

Join them, they have vacancies in Cork.

They pay well, you get the quals and lads are leaving and joining external business for at least €70k per year in Ireland. More if you fancy abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭tech

Join who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

tech wrote: »
    Join who?
    VMWare!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭tech

opps sorry! wasnt thinking :) are they taking people on these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Yes they are taking on people have a look on their site.

Cork is a bit too far of a commute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

To become a VCP you need to attend the 4 day admin course, it is a prerequisite to sitting the exam. And it costs a lot of money. As well as attending the course, you would need some hands on exposure to a VMWARE ESX environment, ideally with High Availability options. And if you can get it attached to a SAN, then even better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Also have a look in the IT Certification forum, there is a link in my sig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

To clarify: You don't need to do the course to sit the exam. You can do the exam without doing the course but you will only get the accreditation by VMWare if you do one of their three approved courses at approved course providers. Pay special attention to the "approved" since there are training companies out there who do non-approved courses for cheap money.
    IronMan wrote: »
    To become a VCP you need to attend the 4 day admin course, it is a prerequisite to sitting the exam. And it costs a lot of money. As well as attending the course, you would need some hands on exposure to a VMWARE ESX environment, ideally with High Availability options. And if you can get it attached to a SAN, then even better.

Advertisement