Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Match Thread: Manchester United vs Villarreal - CL Group Stage Round 1 (17/09)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

CHD wrote: »
    Villareal will be a tough team to beat for anyone. United were unlucky last night. There knocking on the door of getting top form going, need to beat them on Sun.

Evans looked decent but why was he playing? What happened with Vidic? too hungover to go surfing the net.
    Presumably he is considering giving Evans a start on Sunday so he is giving him some game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Pighead wrote: »
    I can see the difference alright.

I'm glad you do.

Now, get back to scouring boards for posts made months ago that may be humerous if brought up now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I see another thread almost ruined again!
    and off topic 'slightly', I also see that project manager again. God she is gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'm glad you've made me see the error of my ways. I now realise that my posts over the past few years have been unbelievably biased and have often smacked of double standards. Thank you dearest Pighead for leading me towards the path of redemption.

Now, get back to scouring boards for posts made months ago that may be humerous if brought up now. PS Will you go to the cinema with me this evening to see The Boy With The Striped Pyjamas?xxx

No problem Al. That's what Pighead is here for. It's gonna have to be a no for the cinema though. Lets take things slowly.

Good to see Ronaldo getting warmly received, he was a prat but at the end of the day, he's a United player now, so draw a line in the sand, move on and get behind United including Ronaldo.
    personally i couldnt believe the reception Ronaldo got- singing his name? standing ovation? fans who did that are a ****ing farce to be honest.
    Trilla wrote: »
    I see another thread almost ruined again!
    and off topic 'slightly'

so Neil says something about the Ronaldo reception, and thats ok.
    I say something about it, and i am derailing the thread.

me thinks you just dont like hearing anything that is not positive about your club man.

In this here match thread,the reception Ronaldo got is VERY relevant.

• Advertisement

I'm refering to your explaination of Gerrards attempt to leave Liverpool, and then your comment towards Pighead.
    your club man.

My "club" as you put it is Bohemians, its my local club in my country.

Trilla wrote: »
    I'm refering to your explaination of Gerrards attempt to leave Liverpool, and then your comment towards Pighead. My "club" as you put it is Bohemians, its my local club in my country.

ok, cool then, it wasnt me you were speaking to as i wasnt the one who brought that up.

as for the bohs, dont give me that born again ****e ;) you'll always be a Utd fan to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

lol, it's the exact same as the Gerrard situation. We all know he is leaving United at some stage. What should we do, boo him for the remainder of the time he puts on the shirt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Right then back to Man United Thread, I have grown tired of this threads Gayness.

:D

no, dont agree with booing your own players, just dont give him a standing ovation and greet him with near hyteria, and dont sing his name.

again, the Gerrard example is totally irrelevant. pm me if you want to discuss that further.

• Advertisement

as for the bohs, dont give me that born again ****e ;)

And you'll always be a scouse, which makes me a manc yeah? Fancy heading down to the booza den mate for a few pints of bittah?

I'm a member of the Bohemians football club, I've never been a member of the Manchester United football club. Am I not entitled to that! Born again me balls, I'm just loving the live football at my doorstep and supporting my own.

Doesnt stop me loving the Champions of Europe and Champions of England too though. Lets get back to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

True, game over. We will still top this group easily imo.

no, dont agree with booing your own players, just dont give him a standing ovation and greet him with near hyteria, and dont sing his name.

again, the Gerrard example is totally irrelevant. pm me if you want to discuss that further.

Rubbish. You get behind everyone. Like I said, bygones, he's a United player still, support the team, support the player. Plus he thrives on that so its bringin the best out of him so I dont mind. To be fair to him, regardless of how he acted in the summer he was awesome for us the last 2 years and deserves respect for that alone. I wouldnt have been singin "Viva Ronaldo" myself but Id have applauded him coming on. And the Gerrard example is no different. It was almost the same fiasco only Gerrard to be fair to him came out quicker and signed the new deal. he was posturing for a contract, but dotn fool yourself, he unlike Ronaldo handed in a transfer request.

Tbh re: Ronaldo's reception, I think it was as mcuh due to fear of the other muppets who would boo that caused the exaggerated euphoria tbh.

I know what u meant that the ones that cheered, sang his songs etc werent exactly making him win us over again but Id prefer that to a large scale boo reception.

first off; no i didnt.
    Gerrard went a long way to repairing the damage by saying that he never wanted to leave after it, and signing a new long term contract. although a lot of the "hardcore" fans have never really forgiven him-which is a little harsh imo.

also lets remember, it was Gerrards decision to stay at Liverpool-Ronaldo still wants to be at Madrid.

surely even you can see the differences in the two cases? its a lazy comparrison to make Pighead. I expect better from you, you must try harder in future.

Frankly Al all I took from that is u were gullible enough to buy into Gerrards face saving PR but u see right through Ronaldos...... There was A LOT more to Gerrard stayin than just him simply loving the club. Ronaldo's family werent threatened if he were to have left Manchester, now I know u will flip out, tell me I dont know what im talking about cos clearly u know EXACTLY what happened but I know what I read at the time and I know how I viewed Gerrard after the incident and I know that I thought threatening a family, even if it was an empty threat, was disgraceful and really rammed home a lot of things for me, so nothing will change that. They both acted the twat, they both stayed, so they both should be supported whilst wearing the jersey since thats what real fans do. Club > player.

Neil....wat a pack of ****e.

face saving PR?
    Gerrard decided HIMSELF he wanted to stay at Liverpool.
    did Ronaldo decide that he wants to stay at Utd?nope he wants to be at Real.

Gerrard signed a new 5 year deal....did Ronaldo?

Family being threatened?
    Not according to Gerrard they weren't.
    its obviously you who has the inside track on that?
    or do you just believe wat you read in ****e papers?

They did both act the twat
    you are perfectly correct.
    Gerrard realised he was acting the twat and stayed. He also felt he was being pushed out of the club. Can the same be said for Ronaldo?
    Ronaldo still wants to leave, he was told he is not allowed to.
    Then there is also the fact that Ronaldo wanted to leave for money, whereas Gerrard wanted to win the league, tell me which is more noble when both are on 100k per week.

Club > Player?
    I agree 100%, which is why when a great player ****s your club around, he should not be welcomed back with adulation, songs crying out his name and your love for him, standing ovations, on his first appearance since trying to engineer his move.

Most interesting is you choosing to ignore the fact that i said, i wouldnt have cheered Gerrard on his first appearance back. I would have waited until he showed that he was once again totally committed to the club.

Most interesting is you choosing to ignore the fact that i said, i wouldnt have cheered Gerrard on his first appearance back. I would have waited until he showed that he was once again totally committed to the club.

Wouldn't the contract have done this? If not then why mention it?
    Ronaldo plays for Manchester United, sure he wants to move to Spain at some stage and probably saw this summer as an ideal time to move. But for whatever reasons he didnt. He still has years left on his contract, he is still an Manchester United player and has come out and apologized for his manner this summer, as did Gerrard. If its the clubs benefit to support Ronaldo then support Ronaldo.

Ronaldo has never apologised as far as i know.

ok

Neil....wat a pack of ****e.

face saving PR?
    Gerrard decided HIMSELF he wanted to stay at Liverpool.
    did Ronaldo decide that he wants to stay at Utd?nope he wants to be at Real.

Family being threatened?
    Not according to Gerrard they weren't.
    its obviously you who has the inside track on that?
    or do you just believe wat you read in ****e papers?

They did both act the twat
    you are perfectly correct.
    Gerrard realised he was acting the twat and stayed. He also felt he was being pushed out of the club. Can the same be said for Ronaldo?
    Ronaldo still wants to leave, he was told he is not allowed to.
    Then there is also the fact that Ronaldo wanted to leave for money, whereas Gerrard wanted to win the league, tell me which is more noble when both are on 100k per week.

Club > Player?
    I agree 100%, which is why when a great player ****s your club around, he should not be welcomed back with adulation, songs crying out his name and your love for him, standing ovations, on his first appearance since trying to engineer his move.

Do u REALLY believe that? He got what he wanted then decided to stay. Im not so sure he liked the idea of ebing unable to walk the street of his hometown anymore. If he wanted to stay that much he'd never have handed in a transfer request. But sure he said it so its definietly true cos we all know he'd admit it if he wanted to go to Chelsea.

I dont have any inside track, never claim to. A story circulated at the time, around the same time the angry mob started burning his jersey outside Anfield. Like I said, it was more likely some e-warrior and the story got picked up on but I brought it up to highlight the sheer venom that was surrounding the whole thing. Just watch the SSN interviews at the time...he was instantly HATED for a short period of time. Again nothing of the sort was done to Ronaldo. Fans on message boards called him names but there were no jerseys burned, no mobs outside OT, nothing that stupid. In fact I think most united fans, myself included, will admit we were happy that he stayed cos he;s the best and having the best in your team makes you a better team. Why is it you just refuse to see anything negative about Liverpool and yet u try to constantly portray United as being Satans spawn?

Ronaldo has already won the league...twice. Not the same really. Gerrard was gonna join Chelsea ffs, u ahrdly think money wasnt a factor...he did get a big pay rise out of it didnt he? Ronaldo has long said he dreamt of playing for Madrid as a child even before this nonsense this summer in fairness to him and that he wants to live closer to Portugal so he can see his mother. But of course he's a twat and it was ALL about the money. Also Ronaldo ALREADY has a LONG contract at United. He hasnt been offered a new deal by the club so theres nothing to sign. Moot point.

I wouldnt have sang his name but like I said already, I prefer what he got last night to a chorus of boos. Tbh watch on Sunday to guage the reaction properly, the away fans are the real fans and theyre what i guage hostility and receptions on.

Come on. He issued an explanation and said he takes full responsibility for the media sh*t storm. What exactly more do u want from him? We're not gonna make him crawl throught the stand kissing 76000 peoples shoes.

Come on. He issued an explanation and said he takes full responsibility for the media sh*t storm. What exactly more do u want from him? We're not gonna make him crawl throught the stand kissing 76000 peoples shoes.

I think its best to ignore now, like what was done when i asked
    Trilla wrote:
    Wouldn't the contract have done this? If not then why mention it?

• Advertisement

I dont have any inside track, never claim to. A story circulated at the time, around the same time the angry mob started burning his jersey outside Anfield.

that angry MOB you're refering to was one teenage boy as far as i remember, wtf Neil, you should get a job at a tabloid.

Gerrard handed in a transfer request and retracted it within 24 hours,actually probably closer to 12 hours, as soon as it was apparent that Liverpool actually were not planning on selling him to Madrid.

and the "story that circulated at the time" about his family being threatened was tabloid ****e and was denied by all parties involved, including Gerrard, but yet you choose to believe it. very strange that. using your logic, i should believe all the tabloid stories about Ronaldo,Johnny Evans etc should I? yea didnt think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,611 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Isn't Gerrards contract up soon? Loyalty has to be applauded, but I also think ambition has to be respected, wonder will Stevie flip flop again when contract negotiation time comes round or will he actually show the ambition and move to a club with a realistic chance of winning a league in the next 5 years.

Boggles wrote: »
    Isn't Gerrards contract up soon? Loyalty has to be applauded, but I also think ambition has to be respected, wonder will Stevie flip flop again when contract negotiation time comes round or will he actually show the ambition and move to a club with a realistic chance of winning a league in the next 5 years.

Boggles thats just plain fishing. At least stick to the similarities and differences between Ronaldo-gate and Gerrard-gate.

Boggles thats just plain fishing. At least stick to the similarities and differences between Ronaldo-gate and Gerrard-gate.

To be honest Neil I don't think this is the Thread for it.

But Ronaldo in wanting to join Madrid shows as much ambition as it does disloyalty.

that angry MOB you're refering to was one teenage boy as far as i remember, wtf Neil, you should get a job at a tabloid.

Gerrard handed in a transfer request and retracted it within 24 hours,actually probably closer to 12 hours, as soon as it was apparent that Liverpool actually were not planning on selling him to Madrid.

and the "story that circulated at the time" about his family being threatened was tabloid ****e and was denied by all parties involved, including Gerrard, but yet you choose to believe it. very strange that. using your logic, i should believe all the tabloid stories about Ronaldo,Johnny Evans etc should I? yea didnt think so.

Fair enough, I retract that. I brought it up merely to highlight the pressure that was on Gerrard by the fans and the possibility of him not being able to set foot in Liverpool again. Wasnt the interest fromChelsea not Madrid?

Eh no, I was watchin SSN, there was a pretty large crowd outside Anfield throwing away their Gerrard replica jerseys. The one boy you're referring to is the sap that set it on fire.

I dont believe most tabloid stories tbh. But when you see an angry crowd outside Anfield it gives a bit more credence to those sorts of things dont ya think?

I like how u ignored the other points I made. They didnt suit your argument that Gerrard should have a halo and Ronaldo should burn in hell I suppose.

To be honest Neil I don't think this is the Thread for it.

But Ronaldo in wanting to join Madrid shows as much ambition as it does disloyalty.

why not? We're talking about something that happened in the match. Ronaldos reception, its relevent to the thread. And the debate as to whether or not it was tright should be here too yea? Fishing for another Liverpool vs United row with a comment like "he should move to a club where he'll win stuff" is just looking for a row, which will see this thread likely closed and wearnings handed out, its nothing to do with the match.

As for the other pouint, I view Madrid as behind United right now...pretty far behind as well. I view it as a step down in every way except for name and prestige since Madird are viewed as the most prestigious club in the world by many.

Fishing for another Liverpool vs United row with a comment like "he should move to a club where he'll win stuff" is just looking for a row, nothing to do with the match.

Not at all, I merely made the point the ambition of a player sometimes has to superseed loyalty, wasn't one of the main reasons that Gerrard stayed was because Liverpool won the Champions League, wasn't he interviewed straight after the game and said "how can I leave now".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Fight fight fight!!

OK ill step in as have my say as an Arsenal fan.

There was a similar thing with Adebayor this season. We all know he wanted more money and was trying to get a new contract from Arsenal or leave on a big money transfer to Milan. Arsenal would have sold him too for 30m but that price was too high. Anyway long story short he stayed and eventually got a new improved contract but not the 70k a week he wanted.

Now he pissed off all the arsenal fans with his im staying/im leaving drama over the summer. He is a very popular figure with the fans and the team (well maybe not bendter:pac:) and as our top scorer last year obviously very important aswell plus he works his bollox off too.

Now when he played against west brom he got booed by quite a number of fans. Wenger even commented on it. Now of course i dont agree with this but I wouldnt condemn it either. You make your bed and you have to lie in it.
    So a player can sulk or win back the fans with goals and the hat trick last week is a good indication of that and he will be back as a fan favourite soon.
    You cant hold a grude forever and like it or not money talks in football

Nicely put in this blog

http://www.oleole.com/blogs/arseblog/posts/thoughts-on-the-adebayor-booing-and-more

The thing is that there wasnt singing his name etc when he played at the start of the season thats been talking about here. That to me is a bit rich in fairness, if fans do that. Dont boo, but dont sing his name. Make him earn that again!

So i agree with mr alan on that point but I also agree that the gerrard thing being different is wrong aswell. Gerrard wanted to leave and said as much but he stayed maybe for the love of the club, maybe to be a big fish in a small pond, maybe to get a better contract, maybe cause his wife liked getting pi$$ed in the clubs of liverpool better then london :) who knows!

He did stay in fairness but that saga is over while the ronaldo saga will go on till he leaves which i believe and pretty much everybody believes he will this season or maybe the season after. But if i was a united fan and they booed him and wouldnt be upset over it, but i would be more upset if they gave him a standing ovation and sang his name. As Mr Alan said it is a bit fickle in fairness but i can understand where it comes from.

Bit like the white elephant in the corner but it will rear its head again and if ronaldo doesnt score goals sooner or later i can see that attitude change fast

I like how u ignored the other points I made. They didnt suit your argument that Gerrard should have a halo and Ronaldo should burn in hell I suppose.

i like how you're ignoring the main point i was tryin to make all along.

if in Gerrards first game back, he was recieved like Ronaldo was last night-i would have said it was a farce.

if i was a Utd fan, i would be embarrased by last night reception.

but i guess thats just me

• Advertisement

if in Gerrards first game back, he was recieved like Ronaldo was last night-i would have said it was a farce.

Id be FAR more embarrassed if we booed our player

Fans that boo there own players are the lowest for form of fúckíng idiots IMO. I'd take applause and cheering everyday of the week for any player before I would take booing from idiots.

But that's our point! He was received like Ronaldo was last night!

From the BBC:
    Gerrard is back in Liverpool colours, parading the European Cup with Jamie Carragher before the pre-season friendly at Wrexham.

He played the first 45 minutes at the Racecourse Ground as the Reds ran out 4-3 winners ahead of their Champions League match against other Welsh opponents TNS.

I wouldn't wish being in my shoes on any other person - but it's all behind me and I'd like to forget about it
    Steven Gerrard
    Significantly, the chanting of his name by fans and rapturous applause throughout his time on the pitch suggested that he will suffer no backlash from the Kop.

jank wrote: »
    But if i was a united fan and they booed him and wouldnt be upset over it, but i would be more upset if they gave him a standing ovation and sang his name. As Mr Alan said it is a bit fickle in fairness but i can understand where it comes from.

Like I said, the standing ovation, excessive cheers probably stemmed from the boo boys (from talking to mates at the match today there were a few) and the pro Ronaldo section/fans who would never boo a Untied player not wanting the club to go like Newcastle. I wasnt happy to hear the cheers and songs, the standing ovation happens all the time anyway, but I much prefer what we got to a St james Park after their weekly defeat type reaction.

Mr Alan has a point, some would agree/disagree but arguing and defending Gerrard is when put to him was wrong.

i remember that game Pighead. I dont give a ****e wat the BBC says, he was not recieved warmly during the match, and his name was not chanted. there was cheers i'm sure when the cup was paraded (in fairness i'd like to see any fan try not to cheer when parading the CL trophy)

and IF they did cheer Gerrard and welcome him near hysterically at TNS, then yes they were a farce too.

Liverpool fans have the ability to be farcical too from time to time, dont worry i'm well aware of that.

anyway, gerrard is off topic here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Like I said, the standing ovation, excessive cheers probably stemmed from the boo boys (from talking to mates at the match today there were a few) and the pro Ronaldo section/fans who would never boo a Untied player not wanting the club to go like Newcastle. I wasnt happy to hear the cheers and songs, the standing ovation happens all the time anyway, but I much prefer what we got to a St james Park after their weekly defeat type reaction.

I agree but it looks very bad in general to other fans. No win situation really. Boo him and the media make a dance about it. Praise him, the fans look like fickle tools. What can you do.

i remember that game Pighead. I dont give a ****e wat the BBC says, he was not recieved warmly during the match, and his name was not chanted. there was cheers i'm sure when the cup was paraded (in fairness i'd like to see any fan try not to cheer when parading the CL trophy)
    Ok you were right Al, he wasn't received warmly. According to the below reports he was actually received "tumultuously" and with "constant applause"
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/wrexham-fc/tm_objectid=15719424&method=full&siteid=50082&headline=wrexham-reveal-liverpool-flaws-name_page.html
    http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-match-reports/2005/07/11/wrexham-3-liverpool-4-d-post-64375-15722490/

jank wrote: »
    I agree but it looks very bad in general to other fans. No win situation really. Boo him and the media make a dance about it. Praise him, the fans look like fickle tools. What can you do.

Pretty much spot on there. Id rather take the classy option and cheer a guy who's gonna be forever in our history books, while we still have him even if he behaved like a complete tw@t in the summer because its infinitely better and reflects better, than going all chav and boo'ing our own player.

and IF they did cheer Gerrard and welcome him near hysterically at TNS, then yes they were a farce too.

Liverpool fans have the ability to be farcical too from time to time, dont worry i'm well aware of that.

anyway, gerrard is off topic here.

Pighead: see above.

you're boring me now.

Pighead: see above.

you're boring me now.
    Classic Alan tactic

"That thing definitely definitely definitely did not happen........

but IF you prove me wrong and it turns out that thing did happen well then you can bet there was a damn good reason for it"

Anyway lets not squabble. Both Gerrard and Ronaldo have acted twatishly and both sets of fans have acted farcically. How's that for a compromise.

• Advertisement

Pretty much spot on there. Id rather take the classy option and cheer a guy who's gonna be forever in our history books, while we still have him even if he behaved like a complete tw@t in the summer because its infinitely better and reflects better, than going all chav and boo'ing our own player.

Also at this moment in time the simple fact is United need Ronaldo.

On a sidenote did anyone else hear Dunphy sayin last nite that United didnt win the league the year after they won the CL in 99?! :D

Pighead wrote: »
    but IF you prove me wrong and it turns out that thing did happen well then you can bet there was a damn good reason for it"

I couldnt give a s***e what Babel does for his country!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

On a sidenote did anyone else hear Dunphy sayin last nite that United didnt win the league the year after they won the CL in 99?! :D

yeah haha

the 2 seasons that followed were the easiest league wins ever

Incidentally what planet is Ronnie Whelan on questioning SAF. Why does he want to say stuff that he'll be proven wrong with? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Lots of players have been applauded the same way, Gerrard at Pool, Barry at Villa, Ronaldo at Utd. What can the fans do? They support the team, and want the team to do well, Ronaldo didn't skip a beat last night, and was unlucky not to score.

And lol at Mr. Alan, the news reports were wrong, the BBC is wrong, everyone is against Liverpool, did Benitez telepathically tell you what really happened again? Have the years of mocking from the Utd supporting family finally caught up? The delusion is strong in this one.

astrofool, i watched the game at the time, i dont remember any chanting of his name.

If they did, its a farce and it was fickle of the Liverpool fans. I dont think they are perfect you know. I have had arguments with "fans" in the middle of matches in Anfield. I know some of them are shams.

If they welcomed Gerrard euphorically as was done with Ronaldo last night, then its a sham.

But it was 3 years ago.
    This thread is about the game last night. Gerrards reception is of zero relevance.
    my point is that last night, utd fans were idiots.
    gerrard is of no relevance to that, i have already said on numerous occassions before Pighead produced his reports of the games that i wouldnt have cheered Gerrard and if Liverpool did it would be a farce, so my opinion of Utd fans actions last night is not tainted in the slightest.

where did i say everyone was against Liverpool?

and my family is none of your ****ing business.
    although if you really wanna know, my aul fella thinks Utd should have sold Ronaldo as his actions towards the club are dispicable and that he thinks he is bigger than the club. A notion that will no doubt be reaffirmed in ronaldos head after last nights reception.

and my little brother adores him and wouldnt sell him for 100m.

astrofool, i watched the game at the time, i dont remember any chanting of his name.

From memory and having family members Liverpool supporters I don't think the match was televised, I could be wrong thou.

From memory and having family members Liverpool supporters I don't think the match was televised, I could be wrong thou.

pretty sure it was my little flower, unless i am losing my mind altogether.

pretty sure it was my little flower, unless i am losing my mind altogether.

I'd get that mind checked Alan. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I think it was. I remember watching it, but i can't clearly remember the reaction of the fans tbh.

Kinda getting off topic here a bit lads....

On last night; I am surprised at the reception CR got. I thought a more appropriate reaction would have been to let him prove he is worth the fans support again. No ovation, just treat him like a normal player until he wins back the trust / support of the fans.
    Wouldn't agree with booing either though.

Can't wait to see the thread when he kisses his badge after scoring first goal of the season..:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement