Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the game

Options
  • 17-09-2008 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Please only rate it if you've played it. Obviously its just early impressions as its a MMO but its nice to get an idea of the general consensus.

Rate the Game out of ten 48 votes

0%
    0%
    0%
    2%
    Nehaxak 1 vote
    2%
    m5ex9oqjawdg2i 1 vote
    4%
    netmanBlowfish 2 votes
    6%
    StringxeniRabidDog 3 votes
    6%
    PlayboyCuddlesworthkyp_durron 3 votes
    31%
    BKtjejaggehSpearFunkyDrakarJimGummy PandaCryossmithy1981widebandTyrant^SondervalBig Knoxdeath1234567romdjoll 15 votes
    35%
    DeVoreMaximilianRev HellfirezekielTuskyDcullyThordonMac daddyKiithThE_IVIAcIVIAIVhumanjiR0otb0bsquishKoKaneLockstepDixyAsmodion 17 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    6%
    OSiriStoxickLedgehammer 3 votes
    I don't vote in polls.
    6%
    DapperGentKenny_Dfalipo 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I gave it a nine.
    Im totally loving this game,its got it all,you can pop in and out of pve,rvr,combine the two or whatever.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It's 9. Eurogamer gave it 8 (same as Age of Conan) and that was based on beta. WAR is far, far better than AoC. Its also far better than WoW was when it launched.

It's early yet of course but I think this game will last.

Ok own up. Who's the joker that gave it a 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭BKtje

it's a public poll so you can see who gave it what :p

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

B-K-DzR wrote: »
    it's a public poll so you can see who gave it what :p

Indeed yes. I could have guessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wasn't too sure how to rate it. I gave it a 9 as there were some issues with the game, but they're not enough to take anything from it. The only major problems I've had have been on the GOA side of things so I can't fault the game itself. It's a hell of a lot of fun at the moment. I'd be interested to see if anyones opinions have changed in a few months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Finally got to give it a proper go last night as have been busy lately but have to say first impressions are surprisingly good. After the mess that was AoC launch I was a bit worried but looks like Mythic have done a damn good job and things can only get better!!

Rolled a White Lion at first on Order and got him to rank 5 but really had my heart set on Dest so rolled a marauder and im lovin it!! The balance between RvR and PvE is done very well and the PQ idea is excellent.

Gave it at an 8 for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Gave it a 9, though its a 9-

The PvE is a good laugh and while I certainly enjoyed the bit of PvP we had last night I couldn't help but feel something was a bit lacking. Though I'm hopeful that it'll be better at higher levels.

All in all its early days... now all we need do is find jaggeh...

..and kill him until he is dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Maximilian wrote: »
    ..and kill him until he is dead.

The best kind of killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

an early 8, which with a little polish can easily go up to a 9.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I gave it a 9. Its the most fun then i've had in an mmo in a long time, and its technically not even out yet. It can only get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

9 great game, but the queueing is incredibly irritating. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Since I'm level 5 I'm not going to go rating it anything near a 8 or 9 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

I play MMOs for the PvP. I try them all and end up going back to ultima online...

WAR will be keeping me so it has won.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Gave it a 9, though its a 9-

The PvE is a good laugh and while I certainly enjoyed the bit of PvP we had last night I couldn't help but feel something was a bit lacking. Though I'm hopeful that it'll be better at higher levels.

yes find me AND DIE

Fex is primary w00p w00p

jaggeh wrote: »
    yes find me AND DIE

Fex is primary w00p w00p

Hmmm. Not such a great idea rolling order maybe... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

I should have loved the game, it's definitely in the top few MMO's out there. I felt jaded and bored by level 10 though. It might have been the class I picked (Chosen) but the combat was too slow and not fluid at all. Also the game ran ridiculously badly on my system even on minimum settings. I could run AoC fine at medium so it makes no sense. Has performance improved for anyone in the release build?

OctavarIan wrote: »
    I should have loved the game, it's definitely in the top few MMO's out there. I felt jaded and bored by level 10 though. It might have been the class I picked (Chosen) but the combat was too slow and not fluid at all. Also the game ran ridiculously badly on my system even on minimum settings. I could run AoC fine at medium so it makes no sense. Has performance improved for anyone in the release build?

Runs perfect for me at max setting but I have a decent system. Haven't heard of many people having issues though. Maybe something with your setup, drivers or something?

Out of interest, did you try much RvR? That's really where the fun is, plus it's great xp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Runs perfect for me at max setting but I have a decent system. Haven't heard of many people having issues though. Maybe something with your setup, drivers or something?

Out of interest, did you try much RvR? That's really where the fun is, plus it's great xp.

Since the game chugged along the same at both min and max settings I'm guessing it's a ram or cpu bottleneck. I've only 2gb of ram on Vista so that could be the problem. I'm on a laptop though and afaik Dell don't have 4gb memory sticks for it yet.

I didn't try much RvR because of a lack of healers whenever I was on, and because Chosen dps is laughable (at the lower levels at least) I was no more threat than a fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Considering the penalty for being killed in RvR only lasts about 3 minutes, I just charge in and have fun. I always expect to get killed and it's a nice surprise when I'm not. I was really enjoying the game up until about lvl 7/8 and that's when I moved ontot the second map and into the full RvR areas. I now think it's feckin brilliant. I was having so much fun last night piddling about the various battles. It's great fun beating back the enemy, only to have and reinforcements come charging back at you.

• Advertisement

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Since the game chugged along the same at both min and max settings I'm guessing it's a ram or cpu bottleneck. I've only 2gb of ram on Vista so that could be the problem. I'm on a laptop though and afaik Dell don't have 4gb memory sticks for it yet.

I didn't try much RvR because of a lack of healers whenever I was on, and because Chosen dps is laughable (at the lower levels at least) I was no more threat than a fly.

I don't know about that. In the official system requirements, 2GB is the recommended spec. 1GB is the minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Tyrant^

Maxi... whats your specs.

intel dual-core, 4gb ram, 1tb HD, ati 4870, mousemat.

...mousemat.
    Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭ronivek

No matter what I do in the game I just have this odd feeling that there's something missing; but I can't quite figure out exactly what it is. Whilst the Warhammer universe has a lot of character and is well fleshed out; I think something got slightly lost in translation along the way.

Also I've been plagued by CTDs since early Beta and they've still failed to address the specific issue I've been facing; which is somewhat irritating. I recently bought some new bits for the ol' behemoth so hopefully that might improve matters.

All that being said though; I'd still give it about a 7. I'd like a few days without CTDs to reassess that however; playing in 20 minute chunks then losing your display and doing a hard reboot is something that's hard to ignore.

I'm loving this game more and more every day i have to say. Now that i have been able to do some serious RvR, its really started to shine. Theres just so much to do. Wanna PvE, go ahead you carebear. Wanna RvR, go ahead you manly beast. Its perfect (well, not perfect but you know what i mean).

The only problem i have with it at the moment, is that i already want to try rolling other characters. I had a shaman in the beta, and he was great fun too. Also, with the lack of healers (bar rooty), it would probably be more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I find it fantastic.

Wonderful, wonderful game.

Although it's fairly tough going when you solo as an engineer.The turret stands still and so doesn't help much when I need someone to distract greenskins for my rifle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Asmodion

Gave it a 9 just for the mere fact that its the only MMO that ive enjoyed this much since i first played WoW. And I'm fair interested to see what the future developments with the game will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

i rated it an 8, great shell of a game with a few little annoying problems that should just be polished away in the next couple of months.

i'm pretty impressed at how smooth the launch has been though, it has reiterated to me what a complete and utter joke Funcom are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Can't stress how much i'm loving this game right now. I rolled a white lion to rank 6 and then realised he's a bit "gay" and went marauder. Tore **** up as marauder til Rank 9 and just to help a friend start out I rolled a Zealot for the sake of it and my god i'm hooked.

Chosen + Zealot = win

Advertisement