Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the game

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Really enjoying myself so far. The 3 games of Khaine's Embrace that I've played so far have all been fantastic, a stark contrast to the self centred way that most people seem to play BGs in WoW... Teamwork just seems to happen naturally.
    PQs work flawlessly, they really help get you involved with the community from the off.
    So far there have been no annoying "collect x drops" type quests which rely on crappy drop rates, hopefully it stays that way.

Overall I'd say 9/10, but that's only up to rank 7

Looking forward to getting properly stuck into it this weekend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

I had fair few collect x q's bu the drop rate so far is 75%+ at least. also all q items are auto looted so you dont miss any. makes it a lot faster except when your killing mobs you dont need to casue you missed the completed txt :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Easily the most fun MMO ive ever played and i played a hell of a lot.
    Its got everything in my opinion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Baneblade wrote: »
    I had fair few collect x q's bu the drop rate so far is 75%+ at least. also all q items are auto looted so you dont miss any. makes it a lot faster except when your killing mobs you dont need to casue you missed the completed txt :rolleyes:

Drop rate should always be 100%, though sometimes it's very specific on killing a certain class of mobs, and they may be mixed with other types.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭whatduck

Spear wrote: »
    Drop rate should always be 100%, though sometimes it's very specific on killing a certain class of mobs, and they may be mixed with other types.

Yes I like they way they do drop quests. WoW was very annoying in that respect. Quests like Heculars rod where ya need to get a drop of those yeti's in Hillsbrad, think I grinded a full level in there with most of my charcters before the damn thing dropped!

Only quests that can be a bit of a pain are the ones where ya need to find a non-drop item/body, they're a bit hard to see because the glow they do isn't very noticeable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

minus 4 million for service and support. I mean ffs, really, you can't even login to their website.

I want to try recover my password from my old account and there's no option available for me to do it.

The curse of GOA strikes yet again !

Shame they're based in Ireland too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nehaxak wrote: »
    minus 4 million for service and support. I mean ffs, really, you can't even login to their website.

I want to try recover my password from my old account and there's no option available for me to do it.

The curse of GOA strikes yet again !

Shame they're based in Ireland too.

http://www.war-europe.com/#/lostid/?lang=en

Password recovery is up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Rolled a couple of toons so far at the moment by far having the most fun with the black orc.
    Game overall => 9
    No Dc's No Lag issues.

Two things that are annoying me.
    The license agreement everytime you login
    And the queue's at 1800 onwards are 20+ mins wait time.

oh and also the website is complete and utter c*rap, impossible to use, constantly down and bugger all info on it compared to the US one.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

So long as we can exclude the utterly retarded signup system... the game itself is awesome!

I give it 9/10.

DeV.

The problems with casters and animation are pretty much game breaking for me anyway at the moment - how the hell did they miss simple stuff like this in the beta ?
    This is why I am always against public amateur beta's in any game, nobody actually ever beta tests, just a free game to them.

Stuff like casting animations over yet the spell hasn't actually finished casting yet. Problems with selecting yourself in combat to heal, mouse over not working all the time, same thing with healing other players.
    Interface lag can be rotten at times also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

You can just deselect your defensive target to heal yourself. The casting animation stuff is a bit annoying but I think you can hardly say gamebreaking.

Haven't experienced much if any interface lag myself.

The problems with casters and animation are pretty much game breaking for me anyway at the moment - how the hell did they miss simple stuff like this in the beta ?
    This is why I am always against public amateur beta's in any game, nobody actually ever beta tests, just a free game to them.

Stuff like casting animations over yet the spell hasn't actually finished casting yet. Problems with selecting yourself in combat to heal, mouse over not working all the time, same thing with healing other players.
    Interface lag can be rotten at times also.

Or press F1 to select yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Funky wrote: »
    You can just deselect your defensive target to heal yourself. The casting animation stuff is a bit annoying but I think you can hardly say gamebreaking.

Haven't experienced much if any interface lag myself.
    It depends. With my Bright Wizard, I get times when I cast a spell and the bar fills up but stays like that. I then have to run around like a headless chicken hoping that the bar will disappear and let me cast another spell. It's why I went as a tank as my alt, so didn't have to deal with casting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I was excited to start playing an Engineer, envisaged mass weapons of doom and clanking dwarves with soot tinged beards.
    Sadly, the engineer class was hard to play with. Turrets are weak and hard to use, soloing was tough as hell as the famous rifles can get off around two shots before the enemy are too close and your swinging a spanner around.

I gave up, now playing an Ironbreaker which is great craic but I'd be happy for the engineer class to be revamped soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

humanji wrote: »
    It depends. With my Bright Wizard, I get times when I cast a spell and the bar fills up but stays like that. I then have to run around like a headless chicken hoping that the bar will disappear and let me cast another spell. It's why I went as a tank as my alt, so didn't have to deal with casting times.

I'm almost sure that the cast bar being stuck on your screen doesn't prevent you from casting other spells. Think it's purely an interface thing which kinda bugs out cause the cast bar starts the instant you press the skill whereas latency kicks in and it really doesn't start casting for another half a second or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I gave it a 4.

This game needs serious polishing. With most online games it happens over the lifetime of the game, but some things need seeing to immediately, queue times, lag, certain bugs, etc etc. I hope this will get patched relatively soon. I do like a lot of the elements of the game but at the moment I am not too happy with it. Graphics are decent, models are great, quests are fun and rvr is nothing we have ever seen before.

I am sure my opinion will improve over the comming months, well I hope it will... if not then I think wrath of the litch king will crush warhammer... Sadly to say as I think WoW is a crock of crap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

I gave it a 8,

I have to say its a real rival to warcraft, looking at my brother playing warcraft it just looks so old and blocky... Unlike warhammer which sofar is nice and smooth with terrain models and character models.

My little annoances are the EULA (if i have to look at another thing about france telecom again im gona kill someone) and the queues, if they fixed both of them i think id be up at a 9; Game has alot of potential :)

Alright, I'd like to change my vote to a 7 then :) Purely because I've been playing it non-stop since I got it and really really enjoying the pvp. Actually only been levelling up from just the pvp and RvR elements, not done any quests other than pvp or the scenario related one.

Rerolled to a Witch Hunter last night and got to level 9.5 or so in a few hours, very enjoyable, most enjoyable class I've played so far.

Game has it's faults for sure, the server queue's are dreadful and where one of the main reasons for me rolling Order instead of Destruction, as I really could not put up with the long wait times just to get in and actually play.

Graphics wise, it's ok. Nothing spectacular but holds up well.
    Sound is average, nothing spectacular either, just normal/fine/grand/to be expected.

Music is rubbish and have it turned of.

Casters are borked in my opinion so not bothering with them at all now anymore until they fix the casting animations and casting bar problems.

Lack of any official forums is a flippin' joke.

Also seems unusually very quiet in game with general chat from other players. Maybe it'll take a while for people to get used to new chat channels et all but, well, just seems very very quiet for a new game with lots of people playing it.

Far as it being a Wow beater ? Yes, I think it can be. For me anyway it suits me perfect as all I ever do in Wow is PvP (not Arena, Arena is NOT pvp) and it's become nothing but a gear grind and bore as of late.

I have been playing the WoTLK since alpha and honestly don't think much of it at all. Some nice changes to classes but pvp is still a waste of time even in the new BG plus Blizzard concentrating on rubbish Arena's as their definition of "pvp" and trying to make it into an esport means it's never going to change anytime soon.

For me anyway, as someone who gets the most out of this tyep of game with the PVP aspects - War > Wow.

That is all...

• Registered Users Posts: 24 romdjoll

8 - been playing since OB on a witch-hunter (or however they're spelling it) and the randomness of accusations building up plus random loss of AP is starting to seriously bug me. I'm aware of other players and some NPCs having drain AP abilities, but elsewhere it feels random. Snap shot is giving me accusations sometimes, sometimes not (it's nice when it does, but it messes up my timing).

Essentially it's the same bug as casters have - things aren't proccing properly so I'm hitting fervor x6 instead of x3 (for example) as I don't see a result half the time (not to mention the in-between shots) - and there goes my AP.

Add to that the damn stuttering on my 640mb card which I have tried every fix on every board for and I would be very grouchy - were it not for the fact that it is still very early days yet.

The 8 is for being great fun. The minus 2 for messing with the fun with bits that are borked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

So far I've only got a couple of complaints;
    Sound effects in general are pretty weak, especially the female dark elf jumping sound (sounds like a dog getting kicked up the ass:confused:)
    After playing for 30 minutes, I noticed that whatever little music there was wasn't especially good either, so soon muted it and fired up Winamp.

Solid player player models can be incredibly annoying... I've lost count of the number of times I've been stopped in my tracks because the douchebag in front of me stopped walking
    Selecting targets with tab is pretty hit and miss... It always seems to select a target that's either out of range, or is a pet/turret

Queues for scenarios can be insane at times, kind of kills that "one last SC before bed" hook... Surely there's no reason for a 30 minute wait?
    The queues to login are annoying as well, especially if you auto logout upon connecting...

Still a 9/10 for me though, as the last 2 just seem to be teething issues, and the first 2 aren't much of an annoyance anyway.

@ romdjoll - what kind of card do you have? I'm guessing an 8800+ based on the amount of memory? Have absolutely no stuttering problems myself on a 320MB 8800GTS
    It was a little iffy when I modified the texture size setting, so I put that back to default (guess you've already done this though)
    Could be due to a lack of ram... This game happily eats up most of my 4GB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Lack of any official forums is a flippin' joke.
    Are you serious? Just look at the WarHammer alliance forums. Full of kids whinging, nurf everything, give me instawin button, L2P, trolling, etc. Just like the WoW official forums, a total mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

Solid player player models can be incredibly annoying

As a healer, this makes a real difference to me. Tanks are way more effective as a result. Put a tank at a choke point (like the bridge in the Tier 1 Chaos scenario) and spam-heal him, and you can hold off a large crowd. In WoW, they would just run straight through him and mangle the healer.

I think it makes combat a lot more strategic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 romdjoll

@ tman: nvidia 8800GTS 640 as you guessed. 2GB RAM also as you guessed. I'm running XP though so the RAM really shouldn't be an issue, especially since I have zero backround apps running and the game shouldn't be *that* much of a resource hog.
    I'm currently subscribing to the memory leaks idea posted on a lot of other boards, that and the idea that the game doesn't utilise GPUs to the full extent and pushes RAM usage up instead. Working together they would explain stuttering and crashing quite well. I have tried what you mentioned but have yet to try forcing up my AA and AF settings (just caught that one last night) which seems somewhat counter-intuitive but could just work - esp. if it forces the game to use VRAM over plain old RAM.
    If it makes a difference I'll post it later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Fremen wrote: »
    As a healer, this makes a real difference to me. Tanks are way more effective as a result. Put a tank at a choke point (like the bridge in the Tier 1 Chaos scenario) and spam-heal him, and you can hold off a large crowd. In WoW, they would just run straight through him and mangle the healer.

I think it makes combat a lot more strategic.

I agree completely, it makes PvP far more interesting than the other method. Takes a bit of getting used to after WoW though.

I like the game a lot at the moment. A good mix of PvE and PvP to level with rather than only being able to level through PvE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Blocking people is epic.

Get a great laugh out of it. Saved a few people from some important hits during fights too.

Specificly, a dwarf battering one of our healers who was trying to run away. I put myself in his path and quickly targeted him with /lol Then kept strafe blocking him too getting him killed by our melee classes.

I could of swore I heard a "FFFFFCCCCKKKNNN MOVEEE" coming from its corpse through my screen :D

Are you serious? Just look at the WarHammer alliance forums. Full of kids whinging, nurf everything, give me instawin button, L2P, trolling, etc. Just like the WoW official forums, a total mess.

Yeah I am serious and I think it rather dubious at best that Mythic/GOA have not implemented official forums. A lot of community and social aspects in any online game can be continued a great deal outside of the game through official rather than third party, guild or shyte commercial ad spamming forums.

WarHammer not having that is a loss for them and the players.

Then again I do see the other side of not having them and I do understand that it takes an awful strong person to put up with retarded teenagers in their hundreds of thousands every day with the likes of crap that goes on with the official wow forums.

Advertisement