Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terminal 4 - JFK

Options
  • 17-09-2008 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Will be there tomorrow for the first time. Just wondering if I will get the chance to be in a good position to do some spotting for a half hour or so. I understand this terminal can take the A380 and emirates among others park here.

What are the chances of a good position to take photos?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

Terminal 4 is almost deserted as from today. BA have 3 747-400 and 10 777's operating from today. The 3 747-400's are code shares and in October will move to Terminal 3. The remaining 777's will go to T5.

You must be flying with Delta Airlines to JFK as they are the only airline flying to JFK from Terminal 4.

American Airlines had B777's, Virgin had A340-600's remotely parked in T4. Qantas has 3 747-400's in T4 also.

Singapore Airlines are still the only airline operating the A380 out of LHR. It will arrive in T3 6-6.30am towed away about 8am and towed back to T3 approx 10am. T4 is quite a distance from T3. The best place to look across to the A380 stands in T3 is the Costa Coffee shop, in departures T4. Very close to where you go through security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

I'm flying on Aer Lingus. It's says on the JFK wikipedia that they use T4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

You are right! Aer Lingus use T4 in JFK.

I got caught up in T4 in LHR and all the changes that happened today.

Apologies for creating confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

I was in T4 last week and the pier is all glass so plenty of opportunities to take photos outside.. as for aircraft when I was there there was the aer lingus A330 and at the end a great view of a singapore airlines 747, didnt see any A380's but it was late enough in the evening. The other aircraft were similar in size to the A330 all going longhaul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

At the end of the pier at T4 that Aer Lingus use there are plenty of windows and good views of 4L/22R. You might want to check the Emirates website to check the A380 flights ETA. I was in T4 from 1900-2130 a couple of weeks back when we were flying back and the A380 was already gone, with just their 777 there at the time. The good news is that the A380 airbridge dock is located in the Aer Lingus pier.

T4 itself is excellent, plenty of space and the lines for security even though we were their through the evening rush were only about 5 minutes long. You can really tell its run by the Schiphol group! The biggest duty free is before security, and then you colect your purchases in the airbridge when your boarding.
    Enjoy:D

• Advertisement

Great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Have a look at my pictures here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055093842&page=15 The 747's and A380 pics
    were all taken from the end Terminal 4 at JFK. Near gate A7, which we got our Aer Lingus flight from. Its a good spot there for pics and spotting. Good view of one of the runways too, not sure which one but it was active the evening I was there.

bandit197 wrote: »
    Have a look at my pictures here http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055093842&page=15 The 747's and A380 pics
    were all taken from the end Terminal 4 at JFK. Near gate A7, which we got our Aer Lingus flight from. Its a good spot there for pics and spotting. Good view of one of the runways too, not sure which one but it was active the evening I was there.

Have you anymore from T4?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Have you anymore from T4?

I got this just before the EI104 began to board from JFK T4. The EK A30 is parked off the end of the pier approx 2 hour after its arrival,you can see it easily from beside gate A7 which is the double jetbridge equipped gate. It lands at 2.30 local,not sure of its departure.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tearbringer/2873051062/

Advertisement