Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of paternity leave: How can we make a difference ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭lostinnappies

ha ha, hey joey, ill go as cat woman lol :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

See fathers don't have enough right in this country and it starts with then thier children are born they don't have the right to leave from work to be there and it gets worse from there on.

So the idea is to raise awareness that this is the case, get people to sign the petition,
    send a copy of it by email and then letter to the minsters and thier T.D. and push for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

In Sweden the parents get one year's maternity/paternity leave between them. The father must take at least one month out of this year (more if he wants). If he doesn't take the month, the total leave drops to 11 months.

ok i have done some kind of petition but i wanted someone to have a look at it before i post it up. Anyone interested in adding something or telling me what you think send me your e-mail address via pm... its too big to pm directly.:D

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

signed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭jasonb

Signed.

Well done, this situation has gone on for far too long...

J.

Thanks all, now all we need is your help to get as many people signing it as poss. e-mail the link to everyone you know who might have an interest. I have already done this.

ok, ive e-mailed the link of the petition, this topic on boards.ie and the topic on mumsfriends.com to Gerry Ryan on 2FM.

Heres my problem, if they decide to air it they will want someone to speek to. Im not exactly the best speaker in the world and have an tendency to curse alot lol.:o

Would anyone else like to have a few words about it, all the information is on the petition ........ thats if they decide to air it (probably wont:confused:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

Signed

Well done on this. If you need any help on administration side of things just PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Signed by myself and my partner :)

OMG just gave a small e-interview to evening herald. Hope i spelt everything right lol.:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Well done L-I-N!!

What's the aim number-wise with the petition? I mean... what's a good response?

littlebug wrote: »
    Well done L-I-N!!

What's the aim number-wise with the petition? I mean... what's a good response?
    just checked and its at 71 atm. I dont know what the min number of sig's needed are, but we would def need in the thousands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Signed, not a parent or anything. Single but don't have my head in the sand and can see how important it is unlike our government obviously.

I'll post it on a forum I mod. Its a gaming forum but I'm sure we'll get a few sigs for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,247 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I fired off a chain mail...

I hate chain mails.

Does this make me a bad person? :p

(though I do recognise a few of those names on the petition to date)

Well done on the interview LIN. Anyone here know any journalists with the Irish Times / The Examiner / any other paper that a politician might take seriously? Not knocking the Herald, more thinking of how much I hate the Indo!

Sleepy wrote: »
    I fired off a chain mail...

I hate chain mails.

Does this make me a bad person? :p

Not at all, just someone who is willing to do something he hates to help out... thanks
    Well done on the interview LIN. Anyone here know any journalists with the Irish Times / The Examiner / any other paper that a politician might take seriously? Not knocking the Herald, more thinking of how much I hate the Indo!

I've sent it off to the Gerry Ryan show on 2FM, but I dont think they will be getting back to me soon. I also know someone in Galway Bay FM, but im holding off on that till I hear back from the GRS. My Aunt may have contacts in the Galway Advertiser, I will check with her later (she's not to well at the moment). But feel free to speek to other papers etc on behalf of P.L.A.G. yourselves, after all it is the whole lot of us who made it start happening:).

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Matt Cooper might pick this up if you fancy sending it into him. If he does pick it up he'll get some attention.
    OK, ive now send it to the "lastword" show. If he decides to pick it up ill be back on looking for some one to speek to him lol.

*bump*
    Keep the Signatures coming everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

First day back at work after saving all possible holidays and company kindly gave 3 days. But what i wouldn't give to be able to spend another week at home with our newborn baby.

Advertisement