Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopover before getting to Oz

Options
  • 17-09-2008 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys I'm heading to Oz in January with a few friends (probably to Perth, not sure yet!) and i was just wondering were would be a good stopover on our way over and how long should we stopover for?

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Deemol wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm heading to Oz in January with a few friends (probably to Perth, not sure yet!) and i was just wondering were would be a good stopover on our way over and how long should we stopover for?

Cheers:)

Most people will say Asia for anywhere between a few days and a few months.

There is no correct answer to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

hussey wrote: »

There is no correct answer to this.
    There are lots of good answers to this.

Asia is a good stopover. Thailand, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, its not original but its a good aul laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I did Malaysia and Singapore for 2 weeks. I loved it.

As above, there is no right answer for this. What are you looking for in a stopover? shopping? partying? beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Singapore is a lovely safe place, not the most exciting but safe while travelling there and see some english speaking asia!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Deemol

Well i really just want to see a bit of the world and try out something different (Eg: I've heard that you can ride elephants through the jungle in Thiland) if this is true thats the kind of thing i'd like to do but i really dont want to have to spend that much money as i dont want to be broke once i get to Oz. Ive heard that these countries are cheap enough anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Im going to NZ next week but stopping off in Singapore for the F1 and the doing thailand, laos, cambodia, vietnam, borneo and bruni.
    It will take about 3 months but that the thing. It wont cost me anything extra on my flight to NZ. I actually wont be in NZ till the middle of december!

Go for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Tokyo, its some where different then the the Thailand trip that everyone does.

Tokyo is a great idea but not really a stop over. You would have to pay extra for it as it would be two flights instead of one. Would be pricy aswell i imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

jank wrote: »
    Tokyo is a great idea but not really a stop over. You would have to pay extra for it as it would be two flights instead of one. Would be pricy aswell i imagine

We done it for the same price (flight wise) as singapore or thailand was. It was with Ba/Qantas dreamtime ticket or something. Home-Tokyo-oz-Thailand-home

Ah right, thats one of those RTW type alliance ticket. Ya it would be best to do it with that but if it was a direct return flight to OZ then it would be extra.

• Advertisement
Advertisement