Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSM subscription customers

• 17-09-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭

Just a heads up about this sham of a magazine and how they treat subscription customers.

They fail to post out the magazine and make you wait a week to "resend" one.
    Take 4 plus days to return your emails.

I was subscribed to them for two years and had no problems,Then issue 30 had to be "resent" and over a month later i haven't received issue 31.I'm waiting almost a week for a reply to asking to cancel the subscription.I had to open a paypal claim to try to get some resolution to the problems.

Its far inferior to powerslam, ok you have to ring powerslam to subscribe but they get the magazine to you in three days.They even put when your subscription is finished on the address sticker.Fsm couldn't remember to tell me mine was up.

A bit of a random rant, but I know there isnt many wrestling magazines out there so you'd think what is there would look after its customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

I was subscribed to them for two years and had no problems

Considering the above, aren't you being a little harsh?

I understand how frustrating it is when you don't recieve the service you expect (don't start me on Forbidden Planet orders....arrghh!) but I was under the impession that Uncooked Media dealt with the subsription, and not the magazine itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭jeffk

jeffk wrote: »
    I was subscribed to them for two years and had no problems,quote]

Considering the above, aren't you being a little harsh?

I understand how frustrating it is when you don't recieve the service you expect (don't start me on Forbidden Planet orders....arrghh!) but I was under the impession that Uncooked Media dealt with the subsription, and not the magazine itself.

Yes they do indeed, but and im not being smart here imagine if i put uncooked media subscription problems.They have 4 or 5 magazines so I said id stick with the actual magazine in question.

Alright fair enough then!

I just think Fighting Spirit get an extremely rough deal from Internet fans, mostly unwarranted, so at least you're blaming the company.

Alright fair enough then!

I just think Fighting Spirit get an extremely rough deal from Internet fans, mostly unwarranted, so at least you're blaming the company.

Ah yes i remember the bashing it got on a thread once, its wrestling related so you'll always get that.Some people will love something some people wont.Just seems in wrestling that's cranked up to the max.
    Anyways no point going on ANOTHER rant lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The main reason for that is internet fans generally know everything that is in a magazine like FSM and Powerslam before hand, so they get to act all smart etc. So I would not take their opinions as anything other than the frustrated muppetry than it is.

With regard to the product of FSM itself, it is actually quite a good magazine. I don't buy it every month, but it usually has some very good stuff in it. It is far better than Powerslam certainly.

And would I be right that we have an FSM writer on this forum. Fairly certain there is ;)

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    The main reason for that is internet fans generally know everything that is in a magazine like FSM and Powerslam before hand, so they get to act all smart etc. So I would not take their opinions as anything other than the frustrated muppetry than it is.
    With regard to the product of FSM itself, it is actually quite a good magazine. I don't buy it every month, but it usually has some very good stuff in it. It is far better than Powerslam certainly.

I'm just amazed that people are so quick to condemn it (and Powerslam too), when they're the only two magazines available on the stands, not including the kayfabe ones. If anything, at the very least, there's some strong opinions in there, which is great for discussion.

And would I be right that we have an FSM writer on this forum. Fairly certain there is ;)

Shhh..... I have no idea what you are you talking about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

FSM is terrible. Powerslam is vastly superior. Better edited, better interviews, less fanboyish coverage and commentary....just an all around better mag is PS.

I like both magazines but like above, i find my interest in getting magazines drop in recent years thanks to the Internet .

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

i find my interest in getting magazines drop in recent years thanks to the Internet .

Same here. I use to get the wwe magazine for years , but a friend of mine convinced me to swicth to PS so i did. but i use to always get them every month or so but with the internet they seem to be out of date by the time i would get them(which is fair enough since a lot of things could have changed since it was printed) . I dont know when the last time i got a PS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

OP they are probably being yelled at by WWE and too busy handle your complaint:
    There was major heat this past week between WWE and Fighting Spirit magazine in the U.K. The magazine printed a memo sent by WWE to members of the gaming press covering the new Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 videogame. In some hilarious attempts at control, WWE said that the press could not use any screenshots of superstars (oh, and wrestlers are not allowed to be called wrestlers, only superstars) bleeding or weapons being used. Okay, I get that WWE is trying to be PG since they realize adults no longer attend their live events but kids do in droves. It’s actually right decision for the time, but if that’s the case, shouldn’t that stuff they don’t want screenshots of not be in the game in the first place? But the funniest is that no screenshots are allowed of HHH “in a defenseless or vulnerable position.” Man, somebody has gotten far more thin-skinned about his character than one should be. WWE was furious that this memo was published, and, in defying the order, that the magazine published a screenshot of a character that looks like HHH with synthol filled pecs and delts on his back with Kane hovering over him.

A tremondous story from the Observer this week.

• Advertisement

ha ha that's priceless and i don't mean that in ANY sort of pun.

Advertisement