Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday 21st September - mini beers (or fizzy drinks) 7pm - Eamon Dorans

Options
  • 17-09-2008 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

There's a get together with the nocturnal folk this coming Sunday. SDooM has let me know that we are more than welcome to attend, so some of the new people don't feel as intimidated when it comes to the big beers at the beginning of October.

If you wanna come along do, we're a nice bunch (same can't be said for the nocturnals)

If you are a bit sheepish (totally understandable) you can PM myself and we can arrange a place to meet since it's easier meeting one person compared to a whole bunch.

Will you be in attendance? 9 votes

Yesh
    0%
    No
    55%
    Le RackWillDoctor DooMmarti101Captain Ginger 5 votes
    Possibly
    44%
    RozabeezAardCatari JaguarToots 4 votes

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Jaysis this place is all about the beer beer beer, isn't it!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    *Sticks massive oar in*

We've a thread running in the Nocturnal forum, here, if ye're interested too.

And yes, the Nocturnal forum eats babies for breakfast. :)

No
    jenizzle wrote: »
    Jaysis this place is all about the beer beer beer, isn't it!!

The Nocturnal forum has three beers on the go in an organising capactiy right now. I think between official and unofficial meet ups we're on number 6 (impressive enough as the forum's only 3 months old :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

No
    Jenizzle - well boards meet ups are generally called beers, boards beers. Drinking is totally optional, a few on this forum and on the nocturnal don't drink alcohol at all.

Yesh, Mr. Shnuggles... a thread is in your forum indeed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Hmm, I may have to work, but if I don't, and I can get over my crippling shyness around new people, I may attend :)

• Advertisement

No
    Fiii wrote: »
    Hmm, I may have to work, but if I don't, and I can get over my crippling shyness around new people, I may attend :)

DO if you get the chance, I've met people from both sides of he fence and I have yet to meet a nasty one.

(I'd usually make a joke like "except orestes" here, but seeing as it's Body Mods)

Except Will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

No
    Yes deffo im on holiday so pleny of drinking for me[not]:mad:

No
    Doom you fail at jokes... Marti, cool, be brave and a good night will be had

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I might try to get along to this, but I can make no promises, as my finances are non-existant at the minute, cuz I'm heading to Paris for a week on the 24th :D

No
    Will wrote: »
    Doom you fail at jokes... Marti, cool, be brave and a good night will be had

Oi!
    I might try to get along to this, but I can make no promises, as my finances are non-existant at the minute, cuz I'm heading to Paris for a week on the 24th :D

It's not going to be a mad one if that helps.

• Advertisement

No
    SDooM wrote: »

Not if I can help it :D

Not if I'm not there it won't be :D
    *points to nocturnal title*

No
    Will wrote: »
    Not if I can help it :D

I got some business to attend to starting on the Mon so I have to take it easy. :(

No
    Famous last words Mr. Shnuggles

*has horrific mental image of Mr Shnuggles and Will"hug"bert cuddling in a darkened corner of the pub*

No
    What is wrong with a bit of affection for a fellow buddy? Nothing, that's what... sicko!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Possibly
    Nothx. Work til 10pm, college Monday 9am.

No
    NERD!

Possibly
    oi, that's 11 hours, I can't get drunk, sleep, be sober, shower/make up and not be hungover in just 11 hours.

No
    pfft lame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I think i might have a practice session with a new band across in the button factory from 5:30-10:30 but i'll see if i can ramble in afterwards.
    *Fingers crossed*

No
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    oi, that's 11 hours, I can't get drunk, sleep, be sober, shower/make up and not be hungover in just 11 hours.

But... but....

No
    CianRyan wrote: »
    I think i might have a practice session with a new band across in the button factory from 5:30-10:30 but i'll see if i can ramble in afterwards.
    *Fingers crossed*

I used to rehearse there, love the big vanity mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

love the big vanity mirrors.

Amazing for rocking out in front of, gas fun! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

oh this is new. i be up for this weekend. ill drop in when i heading for the train. wont be able to stay long. but might get to see a few of yas if your in earlie enough

No
    Jawesome dude

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Possibly
    I won't be able to make it to this one. Tis mortgage day on monday, so I'll not have a penny/cent/whatever to spare until the following weekend :(:(:(

Possibly
    But... but....

Doomy ;_;

No
    Rozabeez wrote: »
    Doomy ;_;

DOOM NEEDZ HIS BEEZ!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Toots85 wrote: »
    I won't be able to make it to this one. Tis mortgage day on monday, so I'll not have a penny/cent/whatever to spare until the following weekend :(:(:(

yeah i have that mortgage monday monkey on m'back too. however im in dublin tonight for the flighty whoosh (it rhymes with one of those things we can't mention m b ) thing. might stick around for the weekend if a certain friend lets me. robin wright penn is on the box with a black eye. still would

Advertisement