Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Academic Transcripts - UCD ripoff

Options
  • 17-09-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

I cant believe these feckers charge €20 for a transcript!! :mad:
    I went to Trinity and a university in Manchester and neither of them charge a penny for as many as you want and even post them out to you.
    How can they justify charging €20 for printing and stamping a piece of paper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

It's tough, you're not a student there anymore.

Unless you still are, in which case you did get ripped as I got mine for free even though I'm finished as my student card is still valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rinnin

Even when I did graduate in 2003 I went into them that summer looking for one I remember and they still charged me. Couldnt believe it then or now.
    Scroungy B***ards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭themole

They charge in NUIG also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I didn't get charged, I just went in and she did it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

It's free if you are a student.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭thecoolfreak

I've just graduated and went in looking for transcripts. They said I could get them for free as they will usualyy give some leeway to students in their first year following graduation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

It's free if you are a student.
    Student in UCD or even if you're now a student elsewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Yeah, if you've just finished your degree course, as i did, they give you the transcripts for free (needed it for PhD funding).

As mentioned, a friend of mine in the same boat going to NUIG had to pay for his transcripts, even though he'd only just finished.

Odd system...

Advertisement