Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alzheimers and dementia

• 17-09-2008 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi
    I will be facilitating a number of art based workshops for clients who have alzheimers/dementia. I was thinking of trying a multisensory approach. For example, in a session where clients paint flowers I thought I could burn rose sented oil, read some poetry about roses, get clients to tear coloured crepe paper and make collages with paper and paint.

I have worked with this group before, but just did painting. This went ok, but some clients did not engage at all. I would like to try something designed to activate as many senses as possible.

Does anyone have experience of doing this type of work with this client group?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,550 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I don't have any experience of working with this group myself but I understand some nun set up a system to manage sensory issues in dementia and Alzheimer's.

I just can't think of the name of it right now and there is a website for it.

I'll get back to you if I can remember it.

Advertisement