Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mortgage approval

• 17-09-2008 12:18pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭

Please move if this is in the wrong place.
    My partner and I went for a mortgage for €275,000 two weeks ago with two different banks. One of them rang me yesterday and said they have approved our minimum. I asked what would be the max the would allow us, just out of interest. I was told €465,000.

How are banks still lending these outragous amounts. Betwen the two of us, we earn €85,000, and repeyments on the lesser amount still come to €1,000 a month each. On a brighter note, we're going house shopping at 3, and we're bidding way under what the vendors want!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

firstly was it a broker rang on your behalf?

never trust them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Nope. We had 2 interviews, an hour apart, on Sept 3rd. I don't agree with middlemen, when you can get the job done yourself. (If I can't do the job, middlemen are great. Had to cover myself there!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

beertons wrote: »
    Nope. We had 2 interviews, an hour apart, on Sept 3rd. I don't agree with middlemen, when you can get the job done yourself. (If I can't do the job, middlemen are great. Had to cover myself there!)

What about when the middleman can get the job done and save you a few k?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

When I put it to one, he said I had the better offer. He made a call, hung up, and said go for it. Although if I paid him for his advice, might he have come out with a better offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

beertons wrote: »
    When I put it to one, he said I had the better offer. He made a call, hung up, and said go for it. Although if I paid him for his advice, might he have come out with a better offer?

I've used a few and always got a better deal than the bank

maybe it's the "current climate"

shrug

• Advertisement
Advertisement