Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

X Box live Fall update.

• 17-09-2008 12:22pm

Hi people,
    Does anybody have any idea when this big update is going to happen? When the beloved blade system is being replaced by MS version of Mii's and a Wii like interface?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Your XBox 360 HDDVD drive-tray will glow blue when the update is avaliable to download....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

aka the Blue Ring of Wii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

None of the big game sites or Major Nelson had announced anything close to a release date yet. Wikipedia, as you know, wouldn't be the most reliable site for accurate data..... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

It will be winter like last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

My money is on just before Thanksgiving, which is also around the 360's
    anniversary date.

Headspin wrote: »
    None of the big game sites or Major Nelson had announced anything close to a release date yet. Wikipedia, as you know, wouldn't be the most reliable site for accurate data..... ;)
    I knew I should have mentioned a caveat when posting a wiki link :o
    My money is on just before Thanksgiving, which is also around the 360's
    anniversary date.
    Some would say it might be just after Thanksgiving, when all the new releases have been bought...you know, just incase the update bricks a few consoles ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Probably December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

dazftw wrote: »

Pretty cool!

• Advertisement

It seems a bit pointless to be honest. It might be more fun once they starting including unlockable game content e.g an Avatar wearing a HEV suit from Half Life and a chainsaw gun from Gears of War.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I never thought of that, game outfits would be so cool! So many possibilities...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

it will have to be mid november as the deal with ntflix has already been said to launch mid november. so the update will have to be through by then for it to work.

thats where the 16th comes in as in coninsides with the release of netflix.

i dont think netflix is going to be launch half a month before the the update comes through as that would be pointless as no one can use it.

is kinda gay that netflix isnt going to be here then as it would be pretty cool!!!

Taken from the official xbox site, they like hyperbole!

Xbox LIVE Downtime Alert!

For 24 hours starting 9am [10am CET] on September 29th you’ll notice that your Xbox LIVE service is temporarily unavailable. This is, in fact, terrific news!

This particular Xbox LIVE downtime is especially important because it will ready the Xbox LIVE network for the arrival of the New Xbox Experience later this year – an amazing free update that will change the way you enjoy Xbox 360 entertainment forever. Think of it as the first tremor before the earthshattering arrival of something extraordinary!

Very soon the New Xbox Experience will transform your Xbox 360 into a limitless world of home entertainment in which the best games, movies and TV shows live side by side with your personal pictures and music library. Everything you enjoy about your Xbox 360 can be shared at any time with friends via Xbox LIVE using cool customisable animated Avatars.

So remember, Xbox LIVE will be unavailable from 9am [10am CET] on September 29th for 24 hours. You won’t see the New Xbox Experience when LIVE comes back online, but you will be all ready to receive it when it launches later this year.

It’s proof that good things come to those who wait!

Still no word on when it's due but this is an encouraging sign

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I like the idea of this. I don't give a fiddlers if it's copying the Wii, the controller copied the best bits of the other ones and look how it turned out.

I got a message at 10AM this morning from MS telling me there was going to be 8 hours downtime on April 26 2008... errr...

I don't give a fiddlers if it's copying the Wii, the controller copied the best bits of the other ones and look how it turned out.

Well Microsoft were looking over the wrong person's shoulder when they copied the D-pad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I keep misreading this thread's title as "Fail update"
    My subconscious might be onto something there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

Hopefully I can now play Hitman: Bloodmoney on my LCD here. I have it hooked up with the componant cable but for some reason HM:BM wont play because seemingly my monitor doesnt support 50 or 60 hz....which is bollix

Also, I'm waiiting for them to add 1050*1680 to the resolution list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Seems like Monday after just getting a message today from Microsoft about a new update after they take down their servers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement