Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re Thanks button might be a silly question

Options
  • 17-09-2008 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

For some reason I get the you are not authorised to post page when I try to put a thanks on some pictures.

In the photography forum I would usually thank a good picture but every once and a while it will say I cant. I'm just wondering if you could tell me why or is it just a glitch?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Usually it's as a result of hitting the upper "per day" limit of the thanks feature. The limit is just a measure to stop someone from trying to annoy users by spamming thanks around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

no its not that, i tried to thank a cool pic earlier and couldnt but have since thanked a comment aimed my way

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Hmm, is it just random or would you have the same problem if you went to thank the same post? Will move this to Feedback for a while as I've gotten a PM from one other person experiencing the same problem, may be affecting others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Not once do I recall ever having the same problem tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Some users can't be thanked as far as I know. I know Silverfish can't be, think there might be one or two others too. Can't quite remember why, but it might have something to do with that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yeah, I've found it works sometimes, doesn't other times - and before my limit is used up. Plus on those occasions when it's not possible, it's the case for everyone, not just e.g. Silverfish.

orestes wrote: »
    Some users can't be thanked as far as I know. I know Silverfish can't be, think there might be one or two others too. Can't quite remember why, but it might have something to do with that?

actually, yah, whats the story with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Thankless!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    Thankless!
    I hear ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

nevf wrote: »
    actually, yah, whats the story with that?
    It's because they touch themselves at night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

i find the thanks option comes and goes a bit for me, and not when i'm over/under my limit for the day. however in either case, the thanks button simply isn't there, i've never clicked it and gotten any error.

seamus wrote: »
    I'd say the pleasure is unbelievable.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

seamus wrote: »
    Thanking away in the dark...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It happens to me sometimes, just randomly, and if I go back to the post and thank it again it works. It's no big deal really, but I suppose it can get annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

If I go back to the same pic I still cant thank but I have tried by going to another by the same user and it will work, often the picture may have been thanked by someone else also. I have seen pics thanked 20 times or more so I dont think its a limit on the thanks. Not a major issue just been bugging me a while;)

Advertisement