Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your all time favourite part/dream role.....

Options
  • 17-09-2008 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Eliza in My Fair Lady.

The witch in Into the Woods( I played this as a teen and I would love the opportunity to play the part as an adult!!)

Mabel in pirates for the sing, but I think as a character shes sort of weak.

Katisha in The mikado also.

Et toi????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Amos in Chicago. That song Mister Cellophane is top class. Would love to sing it on stage while giving it the whole jazz hands effect. Pighead can't sing though so it'll probably never happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Ah, all the usual suspects!

Eponine in Les Mis

Millie in Thoroughly Modern Millie

Meg in POTO

Amber in Hairspray

Strangely, I'd rather play Glinda than Elphaba in Wicked, but unfortunately some of her higher register stuff is out of my range!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Eliza in My Fair Lady.

Eliza is deadly, love to do her but couldn't do the accent for the life of me.
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    Strangely, I'd rather play Glinda than Elphaba in Wicked, but unfortunately some of her higher register stuff is out of my range!

I'd love to have the voice to play Elphaba but Glinda a more fun character by far! I'd be alot closer to her voice than to Elphaba's stuff.

What else....

Ado Annie in Oklahoma rocks.

Amber from Hairspray too.

Mrs Johnstone in Blood Brothers - haven't seen the musical but love the soundtrack!

And if Disney films count, Belle from Beauty and the Beast!

*wanders off singing* Little town, it's a quiet village, everydaaaay like the one befooore....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Oh my.
    1. Les Miserables - Eponine
    2. Chess - Florence Vassy
    3. Notre Dame de Paris - Esmerelda
    4. Miss Saigon - Lea Salonga's role, can't remember the name. Primary one anyway
    5. Evita - Eva Peron but the old version, not the Madonna sanitized version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Etincelle

Wow, there are so many to choose from!

Some of my personal favourite parts would be:

Maria (Sound of Music)
    Eliza (My Fair Lady)
    Mary Poppins
    Belle (Beauty & The Beast)
    Dorothy (The Wizard of Oz)
    Audrey (Little Shop of Horrors)
    Adelaide (Guys & Dolls)
    Esther Smith (Meet Me in St Louis)
    Nancy (Oliver)
    Reno (Anything Goes)
    Rizzo (Grease)
    Sally Bowles (Cabaret)
    Ado Annie (Oklahoma)
    Eponine (Les Misérables)
    Esmarelda (Notre Dame de Paris)
    The Witch (Into The Woods)
    Eva Peron (Evita)
    Dolly (Hello Dolly)
    Annie Oakley (Annie Get Your Gun)

If they made Gone With the Wind into a musical, it would be a real dream to play Scarlett O'Hara!

• Advertisement

Ooooh Maria in the Sound of Music! Yes that's a good one Etincelle!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

Etincelle wrote: »
    Wow, there are so many to choose from!

Some of my personal favourite parts would be:

Maria (Sound of Music)
    Eliza (My Fair Lady)
    Mary Poppins
    Audrey (Little Shop of Horrors)
    Adelaide (Guys & Dolls)
    Esther Smith (Meet Me in St Louis)
    Nancy (Oliver)
    Reno (Anything Goes)
    Rizzo (Grease)
    Sally Bowles (Cabaret)
    Ado Annie (Oklahoma)
    Eponine (Les Misérables)
    Esmarelda (Notre Dame de Paris)
    The Witch (Into The Woods)
    Eva Peron (Evita)
    Dolly (Hello Dolly)
    Annie Oakley (Annie Get Your Gun)

If they made Gone With the Wind into a musical, it would be a real dream to play Scarlett O'Hara!

So basically the lead in any musical going?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Niamh-17

Christine in Phantom
    Elphaba in Wicked
    Sandy in Grease

Meh il take anything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Velma Kelly-Chicago

Mrs Thernadier-Les Mis (seriously!)

Bloody Mary-South Pacific (again...;))

Nancy-Oliver (who wouldn't!)

Kym-Miss Saigon

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Gaston, 'nuf sed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,166 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Etincelle wrote: »
    Maria (Sound of Music)
    Rizzo (Grease)

That's a great list. Reading it saves having to think very hard. The 3 above are 3 of my faves. Stockard Channing was brill in Grease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

There are many many I would love to be able to sing but if I'm staying within my limits then
    Jesus Christ Superstar: Mary Magdalene (pipped at the post twice for this so far :( )
    Miss Saigon: Ellen
    Les Miserables: Eponine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Oh there are so many I would love to do....

Rizzo - Grease (done it before, so much fun)

Audrey - Little Shop of Horrors (was the understudy but would love a chance to actually play the role)

Tracey - Hairspray

I'd settle for being in the chorus of Wicked, never mind having a major role.

Millie - Thoroughly Modern Millie

Mrs. Lovett - Sweeney Todd

Nancy - Oliver

Amy - Company

Anyone in A Chorus Line...

The list is endless. :D

Mrs. Lovett - Sweeney Todd

Ooh that'd be a deadly one! Or Johanna just for the "green finch and linnet bird nightingale blackbird why is it you siiiiiiiing" song!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tim Bowden

Nancy - Oliver
    Maria (Sound of Music)
    Eliza (My Fair Lady)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Madra Sneachta

Currently rehearsing the sergeant in Pirates of Penzance, played Poo Baah in The Mikado last year.

Favourite roles in the past include Judd Fry in Oklahoma and Joe in Showboat.

My absolute favourite roles ever though are Caiphas in Jesus Christ Superstar, and Audrey 2 in Little Shop of Horrors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

hmmm... well I'd like to play

G(a)linda in Wicked - an absolutely excellent part (though I love Elphaba's No Good Deed)
    Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd - some excellent songs, and tons and tons of them. My favourite would have to be the harmony in My Friends, which is lovely!

That said, I probably couldn't play Galinda - far far far too high, especially in No One Mourns the Wicked. Elphaba's a better range, but Galinda's much more fun to play (as funpokno mentioned!). And Mrs. Lovett is just a great part. I guess Amber in Hairspray would be fun too! And Eponine is nice, but... well, the others would be just so much more fun to ACT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Ishmael in Moby Dick (yes it is a girls part), Emily in the Hired Man, April in Company, Sally in Follies....so so many I'd love to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Frank Furter from the Rocky Horror Show or a Jet from West Side Story(they look like they had a great laugh!)-I know both are male roles, but they are my favourite! Actually, I would love to play Carmen Jones as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Trust Me

Sweeney Todd

Hopefully appearing in Little Shop of Horrors in May

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I would love love love to play Mimi or Maureen in Rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 katherinef

There are a lot of parts I'd kill to play, but my absolute favourite would be Fosca from Passion. The songs are gorgeous, and as a character she's so... challenging I think is the best word. She has to be compelling to watch but not too sympathetic; a human being deserving of pity for what she's suffered, but also obsessive, demanding, moody, stubborn, et cetera -- and she changes and grows throughout the show. A really meaty, complex role, which most roles in musicals unfortunately aren't.

Runner-up is Nancy from Oliver! -- a woman trapped in an abusive relationship, who knows she's trapped and doesn't want to get out, but doesn't let her abuser force her into betraying Oliver.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Dream roles

Judas - Jesus Christ Super Star
    Juan Peron - Evita

Advertisement