Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much sleep do you have on a work night?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Typically turn the lights off shortly after 1. Get to sleep fairly quickly at that point and would start waking up around 7, sometimes earlier if it's a bright morning. Generally around six hours does me fine and 6-7 is the recommended amount (8 is actually more than the recommended amount, although it does vary a bit from person to person).

At weekends I'd sleep more and every now and then I'd have a power nap in the evenings if I've had a poor sleep or am otherwise tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭the glass woman

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I just can't understand how people go to bed and fall asleep immediately, I'm jealous of it. My mind always races like crazy, there are so many things to think about in the world!

I found that listening to a 15min guided meditation cd that i put on my ipod works wonders. It takes a few goes to get into, but once you get in the habit of clearing your mind before you try to sleep you will have the best, quality sleep every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

eleventeen hours.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    I reckon I only get 5 hours a night, average, during the week anyway. If I go to bed at 12, i'll lie there till 1 at least and then wake up around 6, even though I have to get up. I just can't understand how people go to bed and fall asleep immediately, I'm jealous of it. My mind always races like crazy, there are so many things to think about in the world!
    I used to be a demon for this. I'd be constantly thinking about stuff and sometimes it was hours before I finally fell asleep.
    Since I moved in with my other half though, that's stopped. Probably because with a second person in the bed, you can't do all the tossing and turning that's associated with your mind racing so much.

I've certainly found myself dropping off within 15-20 minutes, whereas before it was a minimum of 40 minutes, even if I was exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I had same problem last year, Went to doc and he asked if I was a snorer,

I am..............

Snoring wakes you up on average 30-40 times a night, only for a split second,but thats enough to break your sleep, I find if I use anti-snoring products I sleep a lot better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement