Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolling Destruction?

• 17-09-2008 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Only got around to getting stuck in for the first time last night. Myself and 2 friends are gonna be rolling and we really had our minds set on going Destruction but from what I have seen and read Dest is way Overpopulated. :confused:

Just wondering if anyone knows of any problems this has or will cause as in scenario que times etc.

One of the main reasons for picking Dest is I can see Order being similar to alliance in WoW and losing 90% of all BGs and im not going through the same situation again. Any insight into if this will be true or not?

We're gonna roll on the lowest pop OpenRvR server to try avoid que times when logging in but other then this has anyone experienced any issues with the population imbalance??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Big Knox wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Only got around to getting stuck in for the first time last night. Myself and 2 friends are gonna be rolling and we really had our minds set on going Destruction but from what I have seen and read Dest is way Overpopulated. :confused:

Just wondering if anyone knows of any problems this has or will cause as in scenario que times etc.

One of the main reasons for picking Dest is I can see Order being similar to alliance in WoW and losing 90% of all BGs and im not going through the same situation again. Any insight into if this will be true or not?

We're gonna roll on the lowest pop OpenRvR server to try avoid que times when logging in but other then this has anyone experienced any issues with the population imbalance??

It seems that destruction is the equivalent of alliance in WAR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Spear wrote: »
    It seems that destruction is the equivalent of alliance in WAR.

Well it seems to be in terms of the omgzergftw numbers playing them but any scenarios i've done, albeit at low ranks, Destruction has steam rolled them all. Anyone have similar experiences or is it just me? :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Well it seems to be in terms of the omgzergftw numbers playing them but any scenarios i've done, albeit at low ranks, Destruction has steam rolled them all. Anyone have similar experiences or is it just me? :confused:

I've seen order stomp on destruction repeatedly in scenarios, but that's with the MA boys and all their stunties doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I got two bugged bg's last night. My team a bunch of level 4-6's knocked up to level 8. Order team was a bunch of level 12-19. I don't think I will be doing any more of that thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Also in WoW, the order vs horde split is pretty close to 50/50 Blizz had said (and some data seems to back that up). Some people on some BG groups end up at the bad end of the stick, but it's the other way around on other groups. People see the patterns they want to see (in our guild we had some people with alliance alts, and they said that both sides kept saying they lose like 70% of battles).

In WAR, I think the concern would be not the RvR scenarios, but in the open PvP areas where you might have 10 people defending a keep but there could be 30 people attacking for example. The nice thing about being on the side with the smaller numbers though is you get pretty much instant RvR scenario queues vs it taking maybe 10 mins on the other side. Actually, now that I think of it, server queues also seem to be on a order/dest split, so you can join a server with no queue on one side, whereas if you were playing the other side you'd have a queue.

In theory the side with the smaller numbers has an advantage in RvR scenarios (as they can play more games a night and hence should have better renown rank, and hence better gear), but since RvR happens outside scenarios also this may be negated.

I think the difference in numbers will even up a bit over time though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement