Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i upgrade Steyr SSG P2 rifle

Options
  • 17-09-2008 2:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

I would like to up my new Steyr to increase distance and accuracy. Im new to this and only target shoot and collect guns for fun. I presume ill need tighter barrel and better spring, piston thingy, trigger assembly etc but there are no available parts for this gun i can find. The guys in MIA have the spring for a 1j upgrade and can get in the barrel, what i would like to ask u guys is, is there a compatible model/rifle that could exchange parts or maybe a kit?. The guy in MIA suggested the VSR-10 for some parts. Thanks.

Just looking on the net a found a "Maruzen APS-2 SV" which looks very similar. Even the stock extenders are the same.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/reviews/aps2/shadow_aps2sv_custom/photos/image001.jpg

I have also noticed that a company in Japan www.uncompany.com do an upgrade service on the Maruzen (at a huge cost! approx $300) so the parts/kits if the guns are compatible are available and the cost for just parts should be alot less.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭scar 101

bump hey lads didnt want to open a new one so here can u upgrade them and then with what all i want is a little more range so would a promuthes twist barrel do and what size thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nain

Hi, if you want better range i would say get a new hop-up, and maby a tighter barl, this will increase the fps of the gun i put a new hop-up in one of my guns and the range went up. it might be worth a try.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

scar 101 wrote: »
    bump hey lads didnt want to open a new one so here can u upgrade them and then with what all i want is a little more range so would a promuthes twist barrel do and what size thanks.

The VSR10 has interchangeable parts with the styer, There are alot of things you can do to increace range and acuracy.

1: change the hope up most airsoft retailers will have the upgraded hop-up for a VSR 10 which will fit.

2: The spring is a major factor in the power distance. Do you know what FPS/J you rifle is shooting at the moment?

3: as for the barrel, I have a VSR at home and have the stock barrel on it and have found it to be very accurate. If you are only using this to shoot targets in the house/garden, I's day a good scope aligned to your eyesight.

4: One other thing you can try is if you do get a new spring you can use a heavier BB. while it does reduce the FPS and distance it will make the rifle more accurate.

Hope this helps :)

Flanders536

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Errrr, no it doesn't...
    I've both of them in front of me, nothing is really transferable.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Errrr, no it doesn't...
    I've both of them in front of me, nothing is really transferable.

The spring from the VSR will fit np, the hop up fits also. what else other than than would he change?
    I was advising that the barrell that comes with the styer is good in itself and no real need to change it for shooting targets in the garden as with a proper scope and spring, it will be powerful and accurate enough without going over the 1j mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement