Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tips for small used car?

Options
  • 17-09-2008 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

I'm looking to buy a used car. I drive my a 00 Opel Corsa 1.0 hand-me-down at the moment and I've managed to get together about €7,000.

I reckon I could get 1,200 trade-in with the Corsa so my budget would be around €9k.

Because I'm only 19, I think I should stick to a similar sized car to keep my premium around the same, so I guess I'm looking for a 1.0 - 1.2 litre car, maybe 05/06.

Has anyone got any suggestions? I've read online that 3-door Corollas are a good car, and the new Polos (from 04-) are a good drive.

(Also, on a side note, could anyone guess how much my premium would go up changing from a 1.0 litre to a 1.2? I've had my full license for 18 months, and never had a crash.)

Thanks to any replies

Comments

Advertisement