Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DCU mail not working..?

• 17-09-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi, I'm new at DCU this year and I set up my email account last week, but it seems I'm only receiving half my emails. A number of emails that have been sent to my email account haven't delivered.
    Is anyone having the same problem? Is there a security feature on DCU email accounts blocking certain email addresses?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭nuttlys

there is a spam filter system which monitors your dcu mail, you generally get a report of anything that has been quarantined at the end of the day.

I don't believe I've been having any problems although at this time of year with all the mailing lists being updated as people register it could slow things down.

Also worth remembering is that DCU provides a whopping 20mb of storage space per account, so any mail that is larger than the balance of your remaing storage will not be delievered, ever. (they should really work on that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

nuttlys wrote: »
    Also worth remembering is that DCU provides a whopping 20mb of storage space per account, so any mail that is larger than the balance of your remaing storage will not be delievered, ever. (they should really work on that)

ah... now thats y i didn't get my emails. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I think I might put mine auto-forward to my Gmail account, then there'd definitely be no probs with storage, I assume that works grand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭glenn3ie

jennyq wrote: »
    I think I might put mine auto-forward to my Gmail account, then there'd definitely be no probs with storage, I assume that works grand?

yeah thats what I thought but then your gmail account will be flooded with a lot of chain letters due to the class lists etc. Unless you set up a filter in Gmail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Eccentric

jennyq wrote: »

Yeah, it's what most people do.
    Also set up gmail so you can send emails from your DCU account - in case you need to email lecturers or other students DCU email addresses, this way they won't get blocked by the spam filter; therefore you've no need to access your DCU account (unless you want delivery reports).

• Advertisement
Advertisement