Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marbella/Malaga

Options
  • 17-09-2008 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭

Is Marbella/Malaga any good for surfing?? For a novice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

there wasn't any waves when i was there June/July, the odd bit of on shore wind but nothing more than 1ft, i didn't see anywhere to rent gear either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

do they get waves in the med?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jamesonandcoke

I was there last week and there's it's generally not a good place to surf. However you can catch a few decent waves out near Nikki Beach.

If you want to do smome serious surfing head to Tarifa in Cadiz. Some of the best surf in the world. It's 60km from Marbella.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

I doubt if there's surf in Marbella. I was in El Palmer last year, but that's probably 5hrs or so from Marbella along the Atlantic coast, up near Cadiz.

I found Tarifa was for windsurfers only, big winds with no waves, that's when I was there anyway last summer. Tarifa is closer to Marbella alright but is still about a 3hr drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I wouldn't rely on the Med for producing reliable swells. I know some people can/do surf on the South coast of France but I'd say you'd need to get lucky. Great place to go windsurfing though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Big surfing scene starting to develop in Israel too

Advertisement