Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e71 on Vodafone?

• 17-09-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi

Recently got an upgrade and I liked the look of the Nokia E71. Someone had mentioned on this forum (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055372753) it was going to be released in September on Vodafone. I rang Customer Care today and they were unaware of it, though they said "we've some new phones coming in October". Nothing about it on their website yet.

Does anyone have any more info?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

People are hoping for this Friday. See the thread below on upgrading from an E65 to E66.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

DublinDan wrote: »
    Hi

Recently got an upgrade and I liked the look of the Nokia E71. Someone had mentioned on this forum (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055372753) it was going to be released in September on Vodafone. I rang Customer Care today and they were unaware of it, though they said "we've some new phones coming in October". Nothing about it on their website yet.

Does anyone have any more info?

Thanks
    friday, I heard...dummies/signs in the shops already ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Definitely Friday - my Vodafone A/C manager told me so yesterday. Starting at €189.00+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

Definitely Friday - my Vodafone A/C manager told me so yesterday. Starting at €189.00+

Lovely, thanks for that info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Any indication is to availability on prepay?

• Advertisement

flodis79 wrote: »
    Any indication is to availability on prepay?
    yeah....379.00!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

strecker wrote: »
    yeah....379.00!! ;)

It's cheaper Sim Free, just waiting on the courier to arrive with mine:)

It's cheaper Sim Free, just waiting on the courier to arrive with mine:)

curse you ;) hahaha

hey check: http://www.e71fanatics.com/
    good info/apps/themes etc :)

curse you ;) hahaha

I could be cusing yet, I still have to set it up for 3:), just found out you can't play aces royal poker on it:mad::mad:

I could be cusing yet, I still have to set it up for 3:), just found out you can't play aces royal poker on it:mad::mad:

well, 3 will be getting it soon, so you shouldn't have problems?!

• Advertisement

well, 3 will be getting it soon, so you shouldn't have problems?!

I thought it was going to be this week as well, it's down for September...

Can you update the firmware yourself? Wouldn't mind doing it before I start setting it all up?

Grrr...where the hell is that courier:mad:

I thought it was going to be this week as well, it's down for September...

Can you update the firmware yourself? Wouldn't mind doing it before I start setting it all up?

Grrr...where the hell is that courier:mad:

yeah - download the software updater @ nokia.com

Well it's now up on the Vodafone.ie site - so it's official.

and i'm just about to unbox mine:)

This is one cool phone, was able to download my local radio station, can't believe Nokia know where I live...

Didn't have to do anything to get 3 working, phone seemed to do it all by itself, went to the web and planet 3 popped up straight away, it's the fastest phone i've ever used on the net....really quick...3.5G...

Gmail was simple set up as well, just stick in your email address and password....

only came with one game:(

Looks like this phone could be my new pal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

This is one cool phone, was able to download my local radio station, can't believe Nokia know where I live...

Didn't have to do anything to get 3 working, phone seemed to do it all by itself, went to the web and planet 3 popped up straight away, it's the fastest phone i've ever used on the net....really quick...3.5G...

Gmail was simple set up as well, just stick in your email address and password....

only came with one game:(

Looks like this phone could be my new pal...

It's a phone targeted at the enterprise market, be thankful it has a radio let alone a game. How's the keypad?

and i'm just about to unbox mine:)

Have had mine for well over a month now Drunkmonkey.... pay attention now ;)

It's a phone targeted at the enterprise market, be thankful it has a radio let alone a game. How's the keypad?

The Keypad is ok, I have an LG viewty as well and that's the best keypad i've ever used on any phone, I wasn't expecting the Nokia to be better and it isn't, it's a bit small but is managable....I'd say i've medium to large hands but there far from shovels....

I wouldn't let the keypad or the screen put you off but I do wish the screen was bigger...the phone size is about right...makes an impression when you pull it out...already upstaged a Meteor N95 8GB, tbh a sony K610i is capable of that....the poor guy felt like a twat when we all started video calling our birds...

The Keypad is ok, I have an LG viewty as well and that's the best keypad i've ever used on any phone, I wasn't expecting the Nokia to be better and it isn't, it's a bit small but is managable....I'd say i've medium to large hands but there far from shovels....

I wouldn't let the keypad or the screen put you off but I do wish the screen was bigger...the phone size is about right...makes an impression when you pull it out...already upstaged a Meteor N95 8GB, tbh a sony K610i is capable of that....the poor guy felt like a twat when we all started video calling our birds...

sorry, I didn't quite "get" that... You're saying a k610 upstaged an N95/8??? How's that - was the N switched off? Or could your N95 friend not make a video call because he had no 3g signal? Hardly the phone's fault.... Or what did you mean? The box the n95 comes in is more capable than the k610i :lol:;) ... Explain! And the viewty? How's that fit in? No keyboard (HOW EXACTLY IS THAT THE BEST KEYBOARD? An onscreen keypad cannot possibly be as good as a hardware qwerty, seriously! ), limited 3rd party support - heck, limited support.... The N95 is by no means a miracle but a k610 and Viewty are in a different orchard while you compare apples and oranges ;)

imho, that is... But this was about the e71 if I remember correctly.

Sorry, is it just my screen, or is the image on voda's website that of a black(!) E71? Well, I'll find out soon enough, I guess...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I think the photos wrong. If you look at the ones in the shops its the reguler gray (shiny slate!) one. Haven't seen the white yet which is the only other colour the E71 comes in.
    Sorry, is it just my screen, or is the image on voda's website that of a black(!) E71? Well, I'll find out soon enough, I guess...

Elderlemon is right.... it's a completely bulls*it pic of the E71 on the Voda website - it's not even the e71.

I remember seeing that pic as far back as last January when the Nokia "Liam" (update to the E61i which turned out to be the E71) was being spoken about etc.... it's like an artists impression pic to be honest.

Slack by Vodafone!

I'm glad I didn't buy a Vodafone version:D

That phone dosen't even exist.....

this is what my one looks like...

1211545367Nokia-E71-2305.jpg

Lovely!
    :)
    yeah, that pic on voda's site looks like one of the first "impressions" from January... Looks all wrong!

What would you use as Sat Nav for the phone...this only has Nokia Maps installed...

the phone also has this on it....I don't understant what it is or how to use it...

http://www.openatownrisk.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

Anyone know any shops in Dublin stocking the E71? I need to get one in a hurry.

thanks

the phone also has this on it....I don't understant what it is or how to use it...

http://www.openatownrisk.com/
    it's a competition ;) and some speculate it's leading up to a new handset launch ;)

What would you use as Sat Nav for the phone...this only has Nokia Maps installed...

http://www.symbian-freeware.com/download-nav4all.html (I've onlky used it on my asus... works well!

• Advertisement

elderlemon wrote: »
    Anyone know any shops in Dublin stocking the E71? I need to get one in a hurry.

thanks
    You could try calling one of the 3g mobile stores and get a sim free one if u needed it today, keyboard is 2 small for typing with 2 tumbs, i think im about to get a cramp in my tumb
    You

Advertisement