Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IADT and NCAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Boards.ie doesn't owe you anything, least of all a fast response. Some forums took years to get approval. It doesn't matter a damn how many people go to your the colleges in question, all that matter is that there's enough users on boards that will use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

not doing yourself any favours buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Firstly, you need enough of a user base to create a forum.

They're not unloved colleges, but you can see the point that a college has to have enough users on a forum before it's created, otherwise, it'll just die off.

I know of about 12 NCAD students on boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Forums forum. Bump the thread and wait. Thx

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

An Art degree is no degree!

I kid :) , the reason it hasn't been done is because it's been a rather busy last few months. You may or may not know that daft.ie recently acquired a minority shareholding in boards.ie. That takes a lot of work to get done. There are currently two people employed at boards.ie, me, and my boss, Vexorg.

Vexorg does all the business stuff from accounting, legal, advertsing, meetings, phonecalls, quite a bit of support stuff and basically anything that isn't terribly fun, but is essential to the running of a company.

I look after the servers, write code, fix bugs, support, etc. Sometimes I will do SMod stuff like ban people, etc if I come across something.

Basically we're too busy right now to make forums. Sounds silly, but creating forums etc is sort of "creative direction", and as you might imagine, with something that's been going for ten years, people get cranky when anything is changed. A strong culture of "if it aint broke don't fix it" has formed.

Boards.ie hasn't really changed much at the top level since it was a couple of forums with a couple of hundred users, except that most of the original administrators have jobs and lives and such. So effectively there is one person to deal with all the management, accounts, support, legal, advertising... and making forums.

A bottleneck has formed, and it's being worked on.

But slowly :)

So, while, as has been mentioned, we don't *technically* owe you the wind off our bumfluff, don't feel as if you are specifically being ignored or that there's some agenda against you/your ethnic group/underprivileged art students. Everyone is being ignored equally.

Except my girlfriend, she nagged me about the Musicals forum quite a bit.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement